Sony KDL-40V4100 inverted picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-40V4100 inverted picture

I have flashed it and it didn't change anything.
    The chip arrived and replaced it, no change at all.
    What else can be, the panel or even the power supply can cause this issue?
    Wire harness between the main and T-con, maybe?

Comment

Really??!! Did the chip replace go smooth? The first one I did, I had to redo a few times and then I finally got it 'right'.

I had a Samsung that just had a loose LVDS cable that produced similar problem, cleaned and reseated was all that was needed.

Was the new main board a different part # than then one you had originally but still had same result?

I also had a Westinghouse TV that had an intermittent similar issue due to bad solder joints on the T-Con LVDS cable connector. Its worth a shot.
      Last edited by kevinm34232; 05-15-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

If the real serial number = no board update
        but the fake serial number = board update
        and motherboard accepts update as valid

then your using the wrong motherboard probably, because the bios warns you if its the incorrect version for the motherboard I believe. maybe someone can confirm this, but I subtly remember it saying if it was the correct one for your set on the screen.

I don't know if id trust my diagnosis to sink more money into the set though.
        Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

The chip replacement went very smoothly. I as surprised myself how easily I have replaced it. First time that I have done something so small.
          I have chickened out of using the solder paste and hot air station.
          I would have covered the pads with the solder paste and alignment would have been an issue.
          I will have to look closely at the LVDS cable and connectors.
          I will check all the voltages to make sure those are fine also.
          The board that I have purchased should be compatible with this TV, so I don't see an issue with that.
          Anybody can give me some pointers on how to use this service menu?

Comment

I haven't found anything unusual. I have even took the panel apart to see the tabs. I have moved them around and nothing changed.
            I have even took one ribbon cable off from the T-con board and I have noticed something that I have seen recently on a 42" Toshiba. That black spot moving toward the edge of the TV. Same thing showed on both sides of the TV.
            It could be T-con fault?
            A bit later, on I will post some pictures, that I have took with my cell phone.

Comment

I would think if you tried a new main board with same results that it would be t-con, perhaps you can check the SMD components around the AS15..

Comment

It's not the T-con, the panel setting is wrong on the main board. You either need to find a complete replacement main board (matching the panel spec exactly) or study any Sony literature that explains the service menu.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

This main board should be the one.
                  That is for sure the way that I should go, to try adjusting the settings, but I don't know from where to find that info.
                  Should I try downloading similar TV's service manual and look for these adjustments?
                  I would not replace the T-con anyway, because there is only one available and that one is $110.

Comment

See if this Service Manual close enough to help
                    Attached Files
                    Ron Driver,BSEE,CET,ISCET,NESDA

Comment

Thank you, but I can't find anything about how to use the service menu in this service manual.

Comment

Here are the (bad) pictures. Sorry about the quality, but you get the picture.
                        Attached Files

Comment

What happened? Now it looks like tab bond defect?! I thought it looked like original image?
                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

When I unplug one ribbon at a time from the T-con output and turn it on, those black "spots" retract to the sides. Same thing happens at both sides.

Comment

That is completely expected. Your fault is on the main board in my honest opinion.

Comment

It would help, if I would post pictures with all the service menu pages?
                                I have purchased another mainboard pretty cheap, $38. Lets see what it does, when it will arrive.
                                Sony asks for serial number when you want to download a new firmware.
                                When I replace a mainboard, which serial should I punch in, still the TV's original serial number?
                                With the original number, won't let me to get the firmware, it tells me that it's not needed.
                                Last edited by tibimakai; 05-28-2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I have got a second board much cheaper then the first one, but no luck.
                                  Turns on and then off and blinks 6 times the red LED.
                                  I have tried it in the 46W4100 with same exact symptom.
                                  This board is bad also? The seller has 100% feedback score.
                                  6 blinks means backlight issue no?
                                  I hate working on Sony TVs, they are so picky.

Comment

Blink codes vary between Sony/Philips/etc unlike Panasonic who have kept them the same since 2000 or something. You need to check what 6 blinks are in the service manual.

Comment

I couldn't find it. On justanswer they say that is backlight issue.
                                      It can't be because with the original board works great.

Comment

Main board fault mis-detection is more common than you would expect.
                                        You haven't tried too hard to find SM? http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresul...oria=&kat2=all

Comment

6 blinks is backlight error it appears.

Comment

Working...
                                          X