No announcement yet.

Samsung 46" lcd ln46b650 vertical lines and a gridlike pattern on right half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 46" lcd ln46b650 vertical lines and a gridlike pattern on right half

Tried a new main board and it does the same thing. I guess we can surely say the lcd screen is toast the only other thing it could be is the lvds cable , anybody had trouble!

Comment

Re: Samsung 46" lcd ln46b650 vertical lines and a gridlike pattern on right half

If the chips in the ribbon cables are way to hot then most likely they are toast.
      Did you checked them for burned marks, before you ordered the mainboard?
      You can try resetting the mainboard, see if there are any updated firmware. Check in the service menu, if the right TV is selected.
      That's all you can do

Comment

Some of the chips in the ribbon cables burn your fingers they are so hot when you touch them. I checked to make sure right tv is selected , i guess she is toast man i got this one for $30 and was hoping to fix it for the living room. Well i guess ill sell the parts and move on to the next one.

Comment

They do run hot, that is why they use the frame as the heatsink, the thermal pad helps making good contact between the chips and the frame.
          Never run the panel too long without the frame in place. They get up to more than 150F.
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25371
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Anybody got any final ideas before i start selling parts?

Comment

The frame touches the driver ICs?
              I would try using that material that bud has used on those chips and see if it helps. Maybe if they get cooler, they may still work.

Comment

Well i checked ics with a laser and all were about 85 to 90degrees f.
                I guess im done , bad lcd display panel. Parts are for sale! Thanks for the help im gonna go buy me something else to fool with.

Comment

I want to bring this one back from the dead and maybe get a little feedback..
                  Here are a few images of my problem on the same model of TV (LN46B650xxx).

I found a T-Con board for $20 that is new and figured this is a likely problem. Squeezing the panel (with bezel on) didn't seem to do anything.

However.... now the TV is like the last picture (of this post) where the left side has horizontal thin black lines that fade away on the right side of the screen... about 1/8" apart.

If this is a bad idea feel free to say something ;-)
                  Attached Files

Comment

So the main problem is fixed? You likely still have a defective T-con but one which is only slightly defective. I fixed the european 40" version of this (LE40B652.) Original T-con was completely bad. First replacement T-con had problems (green shadowing on image) and second t-con fixed it properly, most sellers do not seem to test the T-cons properly. Bottom line is if you see a significant change in the symptom you're probably on to the right part. See if you can send the T-con back.
                    Last edited by tom66; 07-13-2013, 09:26 AM.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Actually since I posted this... I went to replace the T-Con but found that the one I was sent was not the correct one for my TV! The one within the panel was much smaller...
                      I am returning the one I have and seeing if they can find me a proper one... I will post my results.

But to clarify, the last image is how the screen looks when I posed this... The problem seems to have went away partially. But I also agree if I see any change at all I'll pursue it.

Comment

Finally an update.

I replaced the t-con board with a proper one for my model... installed and turned on..

and it is creating the exact same problem with no change :-(

Really bummed at the short life of this LCD which is only 4 years old and did not see heavy use... Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also ideas of what to do with the old TV if I should sell the boards from it on this site, ebay, etc? Sell the whole unit?

Comment

Shameless bump for my last post questions^
                          Damn I really wanted this thing to work!

Comment

sweet

Comment

hi, I am a newbie, pretty good electronics backgournd and want to get into doing tv repairs. I already bought a few broken ones to teach my self on. This tv is one of them and im getting the same problem. turn it on and i have vertical lines in the center.. as tv gets warmer i get more lines. sometimes the lines will change positions. they aren't always in the same place. i do hear a loud buzzing noise coming from the power board. is that normal? also ive seen people talk about pressure on the TAB, what am i looking for there. THank you for any help.

Comment

Working...
                              X