LG 60" 60pv250 no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60" 60pv250 no picture

I have a 60" LG Plasma (60pv250), a few months out of the 1-year warranty, and about 75% of the time I turn the unit on it boots up with no picture only sound, and it responds normally to the remote. I have tried hitting the back of the TV with no effect. But often turning it off and back on once or twice regains the picture. The picture never cuts out once its on. When there is no picture the panel does not glow or flicker AT ALL.

From what I read in Tom's guide these symptoms would be the Y-sus? The only thing that throws me off is the intermittent factor to this issue. It would obviously be the board acting up if this was the case and the fuse must be fine. I haven't pulled the back of the TV off yet but just wanted to be sure I should look at the Y-sus board.

I called LG and the best they could offer me was a flat rate repair of $212.

Any help appreciated!

Re: LG 60" 60pv250 no picture

I'll repeat what I said:-

It sounds more like a main or control board problem. Check in a dark room if the screen glows slightly (it may be quite dim) when it is malfunctioning.

If you are persistent with LG though they will often repair if a few months out of warranty.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yeah I said theres no glow at all, and LG said they would do a $212 flat rate fix was the best they could offer.

Comment

Didn't notice your updates. No glow probably indicates a fault with the PSU which is more likely to fail intermittent than the Y-sus, although it could also be the main board or control board.

You will need to disassemble your set and take clear photos of the boards and layout.

Do you have a digital multimeter?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I am looking for some help on a LG 60PV250 also , this one has a slow start up and slow to light up , when it finally does it has Black patches which seem to go away partly . any help would be great

Comment

Originally posted by raza1956 View Post
            I am looking for some help on a LG 60PV250 also , this one has a slow start up and slow to light up , when it finally does it has Black patches which seem to go away partly . any help would be great
            Z-sustain fault.

Comment

I have a problem with this model of tv as well I have multimeter and base knowledge of electronics. The device will show red led and no picture or back-light tested in dark room. I am confident that it is the xd mainboard. I was wondering if there is a definite way to tell. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtler View Post
                I have a problem with this model of tv as well I have multimeter and base knowledge of electronics. The device will show red led and no picture or back-light tested in dark room. I am confident that it is the xd mainboard. I was wondering if there is a definite way to tell. Thank You.
                Doubt it!

Have you checked the Voltages, Vs, Va, VSC, V-Zbias etc....?

Have you tried the Test-Pattern gen on the Control-Board?
                TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

I have a plasma LG model #60PK550-UD, I had the same problem that I would have sound but no picture, it would take me between 2-5 times of powering on and off before I would get picture. Once I has picture it would stay on. Now I cannot get any picture at all, still have sound. Everything looks ok inside and I have replaced the ysus with no change.

Also before the whole no picture problem started I would get between 1-3 thin vertical lines at different places on the tv, they would come and go and move to different places.

Thanks

Comment

Update on my issue, I replaced the control board and I have picture again so that issue is fixed. I still have the random green vertical lines, there is only one now it is on the left side of the screen near the middle.

Comment

I have replaced the xd board with a spare that I had and no video still. I did manage to get sound but no video. I checked voltages from the main power supply and nothing out of order. Again I have base knowledge of electronics but not much on tv's. Thanks for you Help.

Comment

I have replaced the xd board with a spare that I had and no video still. I did manage to get sound but no video. I checked voltages from the main power supply and nothing out of order. Again I have base knowledge of electronics but not much on tv's. Thanks for you Help.
                        So what were your readings on the voltages?

Comment

Did you check ALL the Voltages, Vs, Va, VSC, V-Zbias etc....?--

As I recommended --Before you wasted money buying the 'XD' board...?

--Assuming by XD you actually mean, Mainboard....(one with all the inputs, tuner on)
                          TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                          http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                          PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

This is the board I was talking about. When I first got the tv voltage stopped at this board. So i re flowed it and know i get a flashing green light that i did not get before. I am still not getting any video. I will be moving to check the sustain board. as seen in pictures. Thank You for Advice.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Be easier if you just got all the voltages asked for

Comment

I have repaired a couple of the 450's you need to make sure the LVDS cable is inserted in all the way on both the mainboard and logic board.

Also as newtothis as asked, we need voltages. Also do you get any screen prime?

Comment

Tested voltage VATP 55.3 VSTP 200 VSC 150.5 VZB 58.4 If there is any others you want let me know. As far as screen prime not sure what you mean.Thank you for your help.

Comment

My fault: TV has almost no picture besides distortions around the edge, they grow bigger as the TV warms up.

This model seems to have same Z-Sustain board as the 60PV450. There is a forum about it here:
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34805

Tom66 said to check for dry joints underneath the Z-Sustain board under the big inductors.

I checked my Z-Sus and it had terrible dry joints, after I re-soldered them and a few others it still didn't fix it.
                                    Z-sus is making louder than normal buzzing sound.
                                    Last edited by Darlaud; 07-16-2015, 01:21 AM.

Comment

I have a LG 60pv250 plasma with no picture but sound only what do you think is the problem the y sus or control board i measured the fuses an i believe they are not blown

Comment

Zsus is most likely the problem
                                        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Working...
                                        X