SAMSUNG PN50B450B1 - Vertical Section missing, lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMSUNG PN50B450B1 - Vertical Section missing, lines

Hi. Attached are pictures of my issue. The large section missing in the middle shrinks after about 30 minutes of watching tv, but is obviously still noticeable since it's smack in the middle of the screen. As you can also see, there are single vertical strands of red, green or blue along the right side along with the white strip.

Thanks for you help and insight.
    Attached Files

Re: SAMSUNG PN50B450B1 - Vertical Section missing, lines

This is unfortunately a bad plasma panel and not repairable.
    Samsung has a known issue with this 50" (B450/C450) having stuck lines, call them up.
    Someone swapping panel, warranty repair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq1j-G7slqQ
    Last edited by tom66; 01-17-2013, 06:25 AM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

OT, on my laptop LCD screen, I have what looks like that, but there's not a thick black line and it appears to be bad T-con contacts. When I flex it a certain way, all the vertical lines go away!
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Thanks Tom! I hate to hear that, but I guess I'll just have to keep using it as is. Like I said, After the tv warms up for about 15-30 mins, the large section in the middle shrinks to about the same size as the white line on the far right.

I appreciate all you guys do, not just for me, but everyone here!

Comment

How old are you?

It is a well known issue and I heard Samsung sometimes offer warranty extensions if you push them.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

30. Why do you ask?

Comment

Sorry!
              I am too tired to type. I mean hold old is the set? Lol. :P

Comment

lol.
                The born on date is July 2009.

Comment

Working...
                X