Toshiba 37AV600T - not powering on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba 37AV600T - not powering on

the ones i got on the board are Jamicon, any good?
    i couldn't find the voltages even when the tv was trying to power up...

Comment

Jamicon are OK capacitors. Not fantastic, but unlikely to be the fault.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi Tom,
        first of all let me say how great it is to have a forum like that where people like you dedicate of their own time trying to help people in troubleshooting, very much appreciated!!
        I will try later on to see whats going on with the voltages to/from regulators around that area.. hope i will be back with some new findings

Comment

Hello !
          been sniffing around some voltage regulators..
          the #1 marked in the pic is : BD8629FS

this IC's minimum Vin is 4v but it actualy receivs only ~1.8v and therefore has no output voltage.
          the #2 IC is aoz1017:

I have found something strange with aoz1017 AND the BD8629FS - the Output pins seem to be shorted to GND pins on both IC's, though when i try truning TV on - the output voltage of aoz1017 does go to ~1.8V.
          also - the diode i marked seems shorted (both ends have continuity to GND) so i raised one end of it and it tested OK (using DMM in diode mode).
          Do you thing that there is shortage somewhere or can it be normal?
          Thanks!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by carbonfiber; 01-02-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Hmm, yes, that could be a problem.
            If the short is high-ish resistance the voltage may still rise, but be too low for the rest to work.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi,
              it measures 2.4 ohms between IC #2 outputs and GND. would like to test this IC for shortage.. i guess the only way is to remove itand see if shortage gone?
              and Thanks for replying

Comment

Yes, 2.4 ohms is far too low. Also is the IC getting hot?

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  Also is the IC getting hot?
                  can't say definitely.. but i think that it does heat up a little..

Comment

If you have some freeze spray, spray a little on there, then turn the TV on. If the spray evaporates instantly, the IC is getting hot.

Comment

welll.. freeze spary - no, carb spray -yes
                      applied some of it and definetly there is a change in evaporation speed between stdby and trying to power up. so - i am quite sure it heats up.
                      but i guess i cannot be sure that the culprit is that IC untill i remove it.

Comment

Compressed air can inverted == Freeze spray

Comment

Thanks for the advice! unfortunately i don't have that one too..
                          i will try to remove the IC as soon as i can and report back!

Comment

How to desolder a SOIC-8:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlSY1uaw0GA
                            or:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ75k47ilmA
                            or:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSzfNrbDfIY
                            Last edited by tom66; 01-02-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

hi tom66 i have a toshiba 37av555d. when i plug it in standby light is red tv clicks on and lights up a green box is displayed and after a few secs led goes off green led lights dimmly for split second then tv goes off and the tv just keeps repeating this proccess. ive looked on the power board for bulging caps and cant see any the board is srv2169ww -f would you be able to talk me through going about fixing it. i have dmm and solder iron thanks john

Comment

did my question get removed? if so why im just new here lol

Comment

Goodmorning everyone.

This Toshiba 32av635d when trying to turn it on while holding down the power button turns off the red LED for a few seconds then turns on (red LED) enon lights up.

It is equipped with Mitsumi SRV2169WW type 2 power board. I have a service manual where I find unrelated information with the power especially mounted for references to integrated ICs .....

I replace all secondary and primary electrolytes, the green led of the main lights up but it does not work. I checked the tensions:

+5: about 4.9V

+12: about 10V

+24: 0.5V while on the LCD connector there is 0 on the 5 outputs

+18: 0 (audio)

There is someone who can give me some hints on how to proceed.

I checked the three Schttky Barrier Diodes with the hommetro look good.

I've controlled the k3561 controller

And I got 100 homms with a polarite and 50 in the other (leaving them connived)

Thanks in advance for support and collaboration
                                  Google Traduttore per il Business:Translator ToolkitTraduttore di siti web

Comment

Working...
                                  X