X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ800U power supply light 2 blinks

MC201 causes 2 blinks
    MC301 causes 10 blinks

However, it is a good idea to repair both - if one has failed it's probably only a matter of time till the other goes.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok thank you all for your responses. Your knowledge and willingness to help others is awesome. I'll attempt this repair tonight. Can't wait!

Comment

Well I tried... unsuccessfully. I decided the skill needed doesn't reside in me at the moment. However, the information and directions in this thread was spot on. I found a guy on eBay that repairs MC201 and MC301's. I felt his service was fairly priced and it was a very quick turnaround. Received these back, put them in and all is well again in the world... until my next tv is opened that is. Thanks to all that responded, your guidance will be sought again.

Comment

May I ask what he charged you? Did he replace only the caps or also the IC's.
          Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

It was $30. I believe he replaced both but am not positive. oleg_yj was the seller.

Comment

I am new to the forum so I apologize if I should be starting a new thread instead of posting a reply- couldnt figure that out.
              I have a TH-50PZ800 purchased back in 2008 that was originally from the east coast where it was working perfectly. We moved it to hawaii in a container and shortly after moving it, a single pixel vertical black line appeared on the left side (when viewing the screen). This went away about 6 months later (about a year ago). About 1 month ago we had 3 episodes where the left half (exactly half) of the screen went black and the right half of the image had a fair amount of static/interference. Turning the TV off and waiting a bit seemed to do the trick. NOW, we have the 2 red lights flashing BUT this only happens if you turn the tv off after watching and then go and try to turn it back on. It will generally turn on in the morning and when it does, its a perfect image.
              My question is this- do you think the three issues are related? Were the first two problems loose wire type problems? Does it seem likely that I am now dealing with a MC201 issue? I know this is an old thread but I hope someone sees this and shares their thoughts. Thanks!

Comment

MC201 would cause 2 blinks.
                Your other fault is very common, it is due to a loose LVDS cable. I had a 46" with the same issue.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gL_8VeS5-c
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks tw2005, the tv is a panasonic th-50pz800u 10 blinks pb. Etx2mm704mg -h - npx7o4mg-1 i bought the tv craig list, the guy tryied the mc201/301 the kit from ebay 2 ic 2 transistor ,i reinstalled it all mc201/301 new 2 1uf 50v 105 eletrolytic still ng .my prodlem is i cant get the service manual or schematic . To get the ac&dc volts ps i have 2 pb thanks again john

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Last edited by dog; Yesterday at 05:15 PM..

Comment

Last edited by dog; 11-26-2014, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dog View Post
                      Thanks tw2005, the tv is a panasonic th-50pz800u 10 blinks pb. Etx2mm704mg -h - npx7o4mg-1 i bought the tv craig list, the guy tryied the mc201/301 the kit from ebay 2 ic 2 transistor ,i reinstalled it all mc201/301 new 2 1uf 50v 105 eletrolytic still ng .my prodlem is i cant get the service manual or schematic . To get the ac&dc volts ps i have 2 pb thanks again john

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Last edited by dog; Yesterday at 05:15 PM..
                      . Not sure if this one has a thermal fuse hidden in a transformer that goes can cause 10 blink

you can get 2 downloads a day here

Comment

Maybe worth trying the "white screen" test by unplugging appropriate connectors?
                        (All cables from A->P, and A->D board)

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                          . Not sure if this one has a thermal fuse hidden in a transformer that goes can cause 10 blink

you can get 2 downloads a day here
                          thanks tw2005 ,i do have a themal fues ,i de soiler the the piNs IT checks ok .thank again tw 2005 ,
                          Last edited by dog; 11-26-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                            Maybe worth trying the "white screen" test by unplugging appropriate connectors?
                            (All cables from A->P, and A->D board)
                            THANKS TOM66 THAT WAS 1 THING I DID NG PB NO POWER ON CLICKS !!!!!!!!!! THANK TOM66 DOG.

Comment

MY NEXTTHING IS TO DO IS , GET THAT ZENER DIODE FROM AC PB I WAS GETTING 7VAC NOW I GET 1.85 VAC ,AFTER LIFTING 1 LEG TO TEST IT YES I MESS UP . PB# D504 ,IT IS MARKED T3D81 . SCHEMATIC VXT3T3D82BL3 NO CROSS R. AND I HAVE I BIG CAP NO THE DC PB LIITLE BULGE 200V 900UF - I GET A TESTER FROM CHINA 12864 LCD Transistor Tester Diode Triode Capacitance ESR resistance Meter MOS PNP NPNROM CHINA $22.00 .DONT LAUGH YOUTUBE GOOD REVIEWS. I WELL LET YOU GUYS KNOW HOW IT WORKS, IN ABOUT 10 DAYS .WILL MY WIFE IS TAKEN MY WORK BENCH -.THANKSGIVING -THANKS DOG
                              Last edited by dog; 11-26-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dog View Post
                                MY NEXTTHING IS TO DO IS , GET THAT ZENER DIODE FROM AC PB I WAS GETTING 7VAC NOW I GET 1.85 VAC ,AFTER LIFTING 1 LEG TO TEST IT YES I MESS UP . PB# D504 ,IT IS MARKED T3D81 . SCHEMATIC VXT3T3D82BL3 NO CROSS R. AND I HAVE I BIG CAP NO THE DC PB LIITLE BULGE 200V 900UF - I GET A TESTER FROM CHINA 12864 LCD Transistor Tester Diode Triode Capacitance ESR resistance Meter MOS PNP NPNROM CHINA $22.00 .DONT LAUGH YOUTUBE GOOD REVIEWS. I WELL LET YOU GUYS KNOW HOW IT WORKS, IN ABOUT 10 DAYS .WILL MY WIFE IS TAKEN MY WORK BENCH -.THANKSGIVING -THANKS DOG
                                From memory in cct that diode will show short, out it will show open. ST03D82 I feel will be the correct part as part of that number is contained in what you listed

Comment

thanks tw2005 and have a good THANKGIVING TO ALL DOG !
                                  Last edited by dog; 11-26-2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

MY WORK BENCH IS BACK ,I GOT THE MEATER NOT BAD ,LOOK,FISH8840 Component Tester: Ham Nation 174, NOW I WILL CHECK THE CAPS ,THANKS DOG.

Comment

or http://twit.tv/show/ham-nation/174 thanks

Comment

I want to thank all on this forum for saving me lots of money and perhaps my marriage. My Panasonic TH50PZ80U was showing the dreaded two blinks, at first intermittently and finally all the time. I looked at MC 201 and MC 301 in the power supply as suggested. By cooling the tiny capacitor on MC 201 the set would turn on normally for a few minutes before the cap warmed up. This was very consistent. For about $10 I bought two 1 mfd, 50V capacitors from Frys along with a new, very small, soldering tip. With a strong magnifier and various jigs and tweezers I was able to replace the capacitor with the power supply on the bench but with the circuit board MC201still in place. Thank you all again.

Paul

Comment

As an option, I have simply removed the defective capacitor(s)
                                          from MC201 and MC301. I did not install new caps and I have had no recalls on
                                          any of the half dozen I fixed.I was able to remove the capacitor with the power supply on the bench but with the circuit board MC201 and MC301 still in place. KISS

Comment

Working...
                                          X