vizio amber light E321VL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: vizio amber light E321VL

I had 10 of these tv's that all had the same amber light will not start, and vizio screen logo freeze problem. I repair tv sets and this has been a nightmare.

I just wanted to let everyone know that after purchasing a eeprom programmer, and some MX25l6406E chips, they are all working fine now.

Thanks to all that found the answer to this problem.

Comment

You wouldn't happen to have the EEPROM .bin file to share with us would you?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I wonder if you (jhoffman) can chime in on this one:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...131#post246131
        I have no other suggestion to help him out.
        Never stop learning
        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I sent him a reply, I hope it helps

Comment

Make sure the chip polarity is correct. There is a small recessed dot on the corner of the chip. It should correspond to the dot showing on the circuit board drawing where the chip is installed. Also be careful of static charges when handling the chip.

Comment

Hey all. I'm new to the forum, but have 6 or 7 Vizios with this power problem and stumbled across this thread. I'm no expert solderer, but I'm willing to give it a shot on one of my 32" TVs since it's not too expensive. Any advice for the noob is appreciated.

Thanks,
              Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by TheTVCoop View Post
                Any advice for the noob is appreciated.
                CuriousInventor makes an excellent series of soldering videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NN7UGWYmBY
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I m having the same issue with my E3D320VX model, and help guys? I looked at the board on can find the eemprom to change. Please help me anyone who can

Comment

Originally posted by matt2oo5 View Post
                    I m having the same issue with my E3D320VX model, and help guys? I looked at the board on can find the eemprom to change. Please help me anyone who can
                    The EEProm has to be programed. If you buy them from Ebay or Digikey etc. They will not be programed. One of the members here Miguel from iTVRepair offers to sell you a programed EEProm for $25.00 including shipping. If you don't have experience unsoldering surface mount components this chip can be extremely difficult to change. Miguel will also let you send him your Main Board for troubleshooting and also your Power Board. His phone number at his shop is 972-642-9554 he is located in Dallas.

As far as location of the EEProm; it is located below and to the left of your Large Video chip on the Main Board. The part number for my chip was MX25L6406E, your chip may have a different number but will probably start with MX I would call Miguel and talk to him to see if he can help you.

Disclosure: I don't know Miguel (other than from the Board), I'm not married to him (or shacked up with him) and He does not pay me for referrals. So take this info as you find it.
                    Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Thanks Killian6pk. I can change the eeprom for e321vl, but I cant find that same chip on a different model tv, e3d320vx, it does not use the same chip

Comment

It probably just has another number. Check your board very near your large main video chip. My board had a square outlined with a white line around the main video chip and the EEProm was inside that square. The video chip will be the largest chip on your board. The EEprom chip will be a good bit smaller, rectangular and have I think 16 legs, but could have as few as 8 legs. It should be very close to the large chip.

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH e3d320vx AND M470SV,
                          ANYONE WORKED ON THESE ?

Comment

HEY killian6pk DID YOU SEND YOUR E321VL MAIN TO MIGUEL ?
                            YOU SHOULD TRY REFLOWING U48
                            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...152#post249152

Comment

Originally posted by DULLTV View Post
                              I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH e3d320vx AND M470SV,
                              ANYONE WORKED ON THESE ?
                              No need to shout on this forum.
                              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by DULLTV View Post
                                HEY killian6pk DID YOU SEND YOUR E321VL MAIN TO MIGUEL ?
                                YOU SHOULD TRY REFLOWING U48
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...152#post249152
                                See this post. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...d=1#post249180

Thanks for the information.

Comment

See post #95.
                                  I want to thank RetiredCaps and BudM for their help. This was my first foray into the TV repair business. I don't know if it is just Vizio's or if most of these LCD Tvs have problems like mine did. Sure seems like repairing monitors is a whole lot easier.

Maybe the manufacturers are building in an income stream with product that will die in a few years ala the old (Fix or Repair Daily) Fords. I guess they figure we have gotten used to the disposable idea of when it quits just throw it away and buy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                                    No need to shout on this forum.
                                    ????

Comment

Originally posted by JHOFFMAN View Post
                                      Make sure the chip polarity is correct. There is a small recessed dot on the corner of the chip. It should correspond to the dot showing on the circuit board drawing where the chip is installed. Also be careful of static charges when handling the chip.
                                      Just to let you know the eeprom was fine it turned out to be solder bridges on the main video chip. That was mentioned on another post or maybe earlier in this thread. I think the eeprom replacement would have solved the problem without the solder bridges being there.

Comment

Wanted to resurrect this thread again to see what the experts think about my problem. I have a Vizio M420NV LED TV that turns on, runs flawlessly for about 5 to 10 minutes, and then the picture freezes and fades slowly to black. It then continues to do this over and over again. Do any of you think this could also be the EEPROM? Or some other problem...?

Comment

Originally posted by Monsolo View Post
                                          Wanted to resurrect this thread again to see what the experts think about my problem. I have a Vizio M420NV LED TV that turns on, runs flawlessly for about 5 to 10 minutes, and then the picture freezes and fades slowly to black. It then continues to do this over and over again. Do any of you think this could also be the EEPROM? Or some other problem...?
                                          You need to start a new thread on your tv. Take good close up pictures of the front and back of your power board and mainboard. Post them with the Manage Attachments button below in the Additional Options section. You will be helped to figure out your problem if it is possible to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                          X