Sanyo DP 50747 50" plasma/Stopped working-No video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo DP 50747 50" plasma/Stopped working-No video

My Sanyo DP 50747 50" plasma tv stopped working. No video, but will turn on the front green light and a relay will click, then shut off after 3-5 seconds. Not sure if audio works, I use a surround sound and not the internal speakers.

-I removed the back panel and checked all 7 fuses on the various boards with my fluke 88 dvom. All checked out ok for continuity.
    -When you turn power on, Green LED on main power supply board blinks 5 times and repeats until tv automatically shuts down 3-5 seconds.
    -I removed jumper plug ch8010 on main power supply board and video signal returns, but this causes the picture to ghost or be very slow to refresh so I know this is not a permanent repair.

The question is, with this information, is it the main power supply board that should be replaced? I have had a person (from ebay as I was pricing out the power supply board so I sent them a message) say it was the y sustain that is the problem.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Re: Sanyo DP 50747 50" plasma/Stopped working-No video

Service manual.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thank you for the link, that will come in handy.

If you were a gamblin' man, what component would you suspect is at fault?

Comment

Originally posted by buntinre View Post
        Thank you for the link, that will come in handy.

If you were a gamblin' man, what component would you suspect is at fault?
        The unit between the chair and the keyboard.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Uh, yeah... thanks.

I am just trying to fix this unit to get a few more years out of it. I am not an electronics or appliance tech, I know just enough to be dangerous, and I need real answers to get this thing working again or at least given a decent chance to be repaired before I recycle it. I found this site while searching for electronics parts and repairs and read a few posts and saw that it had an active member base and signed up to see if I could get the help I was searching for.

I guess I got that answer, and that is to find another forum that can actually be of some help and not just deal out some dimwitted remarks from the old guy that sits around his house trolling a sub-rate forum with his bloated ego giving out crap to a new member. Thanks for the help, it pointed me in the right direction... far away from this place.

Comment

Uh, yeah... thanks.

I am just trying to fix this unit to get a few more years out of it. I am not an electronics or appliance tech, I know just enough to be dangerous, and I need real answers to get this thing working again or at least given a decent chance to be repaired before I recycle it. I found this site while searching for electronics parts and repairs and read a few posts and saw that it had an active member base and signed up to see if I could get the help I was searching for.

I guess I got that answer, and that is to find another forum that can actually be of some help and not just deal out some dimwitted remarks from the old guy that sits around his house trolling a sub-rate forum with his bloated ego giving out crap to a new member. Thanks for the help, it pointed me in the right direction... far away from this place.
            I would not have taken PlainBill so personally. From my limited exposure to this forum he offers some pretty accurate and concise fault info. Pretty dry sense of humour. I think he's gold.

Maybe instead of simply getting spoonfed, see what you can deduce yourself and post what you have found using the manual.
            Last edited by tw2005; 11-08-2011, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Uh, yeah... thanks.

Ask yourself this question - If you were a mechanic and someone asks "I have a 2005 Ford F150 that won't start. If you were a gambling man, what would you say the problem is?" How would you respond?

I'm not a professional mechanic, and wouldn't be caught dead driving a Ford F150, but off the top of my head I can come up with half a dozen possible causes ranging from the wrong key to no gas to a dead battery to a faulty computer to a frozen engine. The mere fact someone would ask such a question indicated they are a fool, and I don't tolerate fools gladly.

The Samsung DP50747 (not DP 50747) is a similar situation. There are a number of possible causes, ranging from a bad solder joint to a bad panel. Like an automobile, there are a series of simple tests that may help identify the problem; those are probably outlined in the service manual. Suggesting any one part is folly.

PlainBill

Comment

There are normally 2 2200UF capacitors c8323 and c8324 also with your high voltage low capacitance caps you have to replace 450v 22uf.There is probaly 10 caps total with the HEC made manufacture caps just change and this powersupply will be hgood to go.Symptons are normally click on voltages chck fine for 5 seconds then goes out.

Comment

PlainBill was right about needing to do some basic diagnostics. But the OP was right for calling him out on his bullshit.

in general, on a dead set, you turn first to the power supply board. immediately supposing it's a bad panel is a huge shot in the dark.

on that sanyo's power supply board, there were numerous capacitors, fuses, and diodes that would burn out in one way or another. it was bad enough to see corrosion on the fuse holders.

and if that didn't solve the problem, ics on the y-sus would burn out too.

i don't think those sanyo boards are "in print" anymore.

Comment

Hi

I am helping a friend with a Sanyo PD 50 who is having similar no picture no sound issues, TV switching off after a few seconds and burning smell.
                    We have replaced some swollen caps on the power supply board - now the power switch stays on when switched on, burning smell stopped.
                    Still no sound and no picture. Plugged in a dvd player - no change - no sound no picture.

Any advice how to proceed from here?

Thanks.

Comment

I am unable to access the Sanyo TV service manual from the link posted in a previous post in this thread. Has anyone managed to download a copy? If so could kindly forward a copy to me?

Thanks

Comment

Here is the service manual

I am having problems with mine too. I am going to try Pastortech's solution.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Update, so I did what Pastortech said, I changed all the capacitors and yes, it did work. Tested the original caps and they don't look bad but now the power supply works so that says something. I guess the originals are not doing what they are suppose to do, very bad quality. Now the problem seems to be in the Y-SUS board so I had to order Caps for that. So the first thing I noticed with the TV was the X-SUS board was not working, replaced caps on that and then it was the power board, replaced almost all the caps on that and it started working and now it is the Y-SUS board. WOW, these caps are totally worthless. I am not sure what caps are the best but I been trying a few of the recommend caps and have not decided which ones I like the best yet. This site sure has helped me a lot. Whenever possible we need to make a data base of all this knowledge so I can download it into my brain, someday I guess that will be possible. They are saying they are working on that very thing, but then who wants a chip in their brain that is controlled by the government. I consider everyone on this web site my best friends because we all love electronics. Just so happy right now, having a good moment

I will post on here if I ever do get this TV working.

Comment

Working...
                          X