Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Toshiba LCD TV

Hello Guys,

I have a Toshiba 55inch LCD Serial# 55G310U that I have been using for about 13 months. It has been working fine up until last month in which it started to have a display issue.

When I turn the TV the display and sound works like normal for about 2 minutes but then the screen goes blank, however the sound still works like normal. When I turn the TV off or on it still goes blank after about 1 or 2 minutes...sometimes even 30 seconds.

I tried using a flashlight to see if the backlight is out but I didn't see a image, however the screen still has a glow to it.

Any suggestions?

Re: Need help with Toshiba LCD TV

Originally posted by chosentestament View Post
    I tried using a flashlight to see if the backlight is out but I didn't see a image, however the screen still has a glow to it.
    Seems like a bad main board or t-con, rarely it could also be a power supply problem. First step would be to take the back off of it, and take good pictures of the insides. Since the screen has a glow to it, the backlight is probably good.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'd say it has a bad t-con board.

Comment

Thanks guys, I will open up the TV and take some pictures, seems like it could be the T-con board though. Does anybody know of a good parts site?

Comment

Well, after opening the TV up and replacing the T-Con board. It is still doing the same thing. Another other suggestions on what could cause these symptoms?

Comment

Since you replaced the t-con board with no success, the problem must be on the main board. Pictures do help.

Comment

Hey guys, I wanted to say that I did replace the main board and the TV now works fine and the picture stays on without a problem. Sorry I couldn't get the pictures my camera phone does not work atm.

Comment

Working...
              X