X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proline DVD player + combined surround sound system

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    Yep .

When a disk is first loaded into it, the audio has a slight buzzing sound... some kind of weird glitch. But once loaded and playing, the audio is crystal clear. I'm not sure if I even need to replace that 47u/400V capacitor on the input now.
    I'd spend another penny and replace that filter cap anyway. I've had a case when I have changed all dry and bulged caps in PSU except that one and my Philips HTS 3100 didn't want to start DVD reader! Sometimes it didn't want to turn on neither! I was surprised how much does it mean to the stability of PSU. I want to say that if you had so many elements to change in PSU, than this cap must have been fatigue and even damaged as well, so it probably should be replaced. That's how you're gonna have a long term operational stability of your newly required device. Btw, Proline is almost the same quality class as my Seeltech. :p

I'm glad you made it! Congrats!

Comment

Re: Proline DVD player + combined surround sound system

Originally posted by joste View Post
      I'd spend another penny and replace that filter cap anyway. I've had a case when I have changed all dry and bulged caps in PSU except that one and my Philips HTS 3100 didn't want to start DVD reader! Sometimes it didn't want to turn on neither! I was surprised how much does it mean to the stability of PSU. I want to say that if you had so many elements to change in PSU, than this cap must have been fatigue and even damaged as well, so it probably should be replaced. That's how you're gonna have a long term operational stability of your newly required device. Btw, Proline is almost the same quality class as my Seeltech. :p

I'm glad you made it! Congrats!
      Thanks. I was even considering replacing it with a 220u capacitor. It lasts about half a second on the current cap with no power, which is actually quite a good design. When sizing a capacitor I generally use 1uF/watt which gives 0.1 second hold-up (operation with no AC power), so this unit probably uses around 10 watts (excluding the audio section... that lasts about 2 seconds when the power is disconnected... nice big 4700u/35V caps (x2).)
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
      X