Toshiba 40" LCD TV 40RV525R Dog Dropped it :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 40" LCD TV 40RV525R Dog Dropped it :(

Hi guys, sad day for a friend of mine- the dog somehow walked by and knocked over his 40" lcd.... he brought it over to me and fired it up;
    The LCD is not cracked, but the screen shows a strange tan/whiteish panel that fades accross, then within minutes the entire panel starts fading tan/white.
    Nothing is obviously broken or disconnected inside.. is this thing toast or might it be salvagable?
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Toshiba 40" LCD TV 40RV525R Dog Dropped it

Strange looking failure for that type of scenerio. Since it was a drop, theres nothing I can think of besides a break in solder joint or those darn tab bonds. Keep with it, I think you'll find something.
    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

thanks, i'm gonna dig deeper tomorrow and post results

Comment

im thinking check tcon, cables to and from tcon, boards on top of panel, ribbon cables from the boards top to the glass panel.

Comment

OK so I got down to the glass and found the top left corner is chipped, I'm guessing there is a trace that sends data along the edge of the glass there?
          If I press around this left edge if affects the whiteness but it never goes away...
          Attached Files

Comment

I'd sell it for parts. See what the boards are going for on Ebay and sell each one there. You might get $50 per board or more.
            The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Right on, thanks Dgtech for your advice!

Comment

Hey y'all I don't know how to start a new question but I have a Toshiba 40RV525R that looks like it has experienced a de-lamination of the LCD screen.
                Could someone confirm or tell me what to look for?
                Thanks in advance !
                I got this tv with a bad back light inverter & when I got it running this is what I found !
                The mark does not go the entire width of the screen.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Newbie62; 01-05-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

almost looks like it cracked, but I doubt it did. I'm thinking the zebra strip/ribbon cable coming out of the tcon. where it attaches to the glass some times becomes unsoldered.

I'd try going over it with a pencil eraser or something and push it gently into the glass to see if the solder broke. if you see a change in the picture then id push it down with silicon or something and apply heat from a soldering iron or something to solder that part on the ribbon cable back onto the glass.

If youre still around let me know how you fixed the inverter board, thats what I'm trying to fix.
                  Disclaimer: Don't trust a thing I say-I am frequently wrong!!!

I have tons of spare parts, some used, some N.O.S. ham transistors and caps. Message me if you need any parts.

Some of the things I've fixed:
                  60" Vizio-bad LED's. iBook G4: Resoldered VCC Plug. Geo Tracker ECU: Swollen / Leaking capacitors. Windows Laptop: Soldered broken LVDS wires. Dryer: Burned contact on temp switch. Oven in R.V.: Bad contacts in relays-Exploded by the looks of them! Samsung Oven: Burned contacts on Relays. MSI Motherboard: BSOD-Swollen capacitors, bad graphics card, Moved SATA Input from SATA 1 to SATA 2 plug

Comment

Working...
                  X