Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need schematic/service manual for shorted SSB on Philips 47PFL3704D/F7B

Hi,

This is my firt post here. I was looking for info and stumbled upon this amazing site.
    I read quite a few posts related to Philips TVs and learned a lot but now it's time to ask for help.

fyi, I studied as a computer eng. technologist so I'm handy enough just rusty...
    I inherited a "dead" 47" Philips LCD 47PFL3704D/F7B (Chassis PL9.0, built in mexico, jan 2010) from a friend who tried replacing the PSU board unsuccessfully and gave up.

Being cheap and stubborn I decided to take it off his hands... Especially after having success fixing a dead samsung in the past (leaky caps) and selling it for 650$ I thought I would try...

Anyways, after questioning the validity of his ebay purchased PSU I tested it by making sure it was producing 3.3V standy voltage and then proceeded to pull the STANDBY line to ground to see if the PSU would provide Vs (12.3V) and it to my surprise it did! Thanks to this great community of course for providing similar models' service manuals.

So now I decided to remove the SSB (or at least that's what I think they call it) and discovered that one of those conductive foam thingy had dropped behind the SSB and shorted two points on the solder side...

fyi, label on SSB: EBE 950.3 021.C 0012854 F N A9PJ2D1G-002 JRZ 312124001511 9PJ2111

So that's basically where I am now... so far it looks like only 2 simple SMD devices were destroyed (assuming no ICs or other critical devices got zapped along the way of course...). I assume they are either resistors or diode (one of them as the marking 'K A' beside it so I assume that's a diode. It's close to the NCP5422AG Buck controller and the label 6101.

The second shorted point is near a very very small 8 pin SMD device label 7C12 with engraved markings of C53R but couldn't find much on those.

I'm looking at the 5422's data sheet to figure out which part it might be but having access to service manual and/or schematic would be very helpful if anybody can provide one... anything close to my model would be nice as the only other ones I've found on the net were fairly old.

I'll have to lookup the price of that SSB too but i'd rather try my hand at fixing it first. Tech's pride...

Anyways, I'll post when I find out more for others to benefit....

Thanks in advance,
    Stephane G
    Last edited by VoodooZ; 04-27-2011, 08:31 PM. Reason: added board id numbers

Re: Need schematic/service manual for shorted SSB on Philips 47PFL3704D/F7B

Good news... sorta....

Close to the NCP5422AG IC I see a similar chip with what look like the exact same configuration (most probably another regulator block) Reading the markings of the "diode" corresponding to the burnt one shows "A6".... same as the other one which matches the suggested usage schematic in the data sheet's sample application section...
    Based on that extrapolation they all appear to be Zener Diode...

Back to the research...

Comment

There should be a chassis number in addition to the model number. With the chassis number you may be able to find a service manual at Elektrotanya.

The DC/DC converter in Philips was fairly standardized. Perhaps with a picture I could help identify the components you are discussing - you know, that old 'A picture is worth a thousand words' thing.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thanks a lot Bill. I was hoping you'd be the one replying to my post as I've seen how knowledgeable you are in the all the other threads.

I'll take more pictures and post them first thing tommorow.. It's getting late here in Ontario, Canada. Night.

fyi, the chassis number should be in my original post... It's PL9.0 and I believe I got lots of manuals from that site but none for my chassis sadly.. Very interesting read nonetheless.

THanks,
        Stephane

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooZ View Post
          I'm looking at the 5422's data sheet to figure out which part it might be
          gotta love alldatasheet

there are 2 versions of the datasheet.
          http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee.../NCP5422A.html
          http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee.../NCP5422A.html

edit: ehm.. crap.. i read "i'm looking for the 5422's data sheet"..
          Last edited by Scenic; 04-28-2011, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Sadly nothing on elektrotanya.com for PL9.0...

Here's a few pictures... I apologize but my camera died so I'm stuck using my older android phone.. I'll try again with my HD webcam..

THanks,
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I couldn't get any better pictures sadly so here are the same pictures with the burn part highlighted..

Thanks in advance,
              Attached Files

Comment

It's unlikely (but not impossible) that is (was) a zener diode. Here are some ideas.

The NCP5422A is a dual regulator controller. There is a very good chance the two sides are symetrical. It looks like the switching transistors are on the opposite side of the board.

SMD code A6 crosses to a number of diodes, none of them seem to match this package.

I've checked the numbers you listed; 312124001511 seems to be the part number of the assembly; it's used only on this TV.

PlainBill
                For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hi Bill,

Yeah, most of the reference to that board (mostly ebay) are all 313.... seems to be a rare one.

I tried cross-referecing the A6 marking using the"SMD codebook" and it might actually be 'A6p' as it would match the package type more accurately (SOD323). It's possible as it's so darn small I couldn't see much more. The codebook says it's an BAS316 switching diode from Philips (duh!) with a leaded equivalent to BAW62 (1N4148).

I also found a SM for a different TV that uses the NCP5422 here. THere's a schematic for the dual setup with similar voltage outputs and both seem to use the BAS316 too.

What worries me though is the other end as I can't seem to find anything that has a marking of C53R so far... I'll have to see if I can find anything unique about it so I can track it in that aforementioned SM.

Oh well, i'm enjoying the research at least...

Thanks,

ps: I put in a request for my model at Elektrotanya site.. Not holding my breath though.

Comment

Great News! I fixed it!

Somebody answered my SM request on ElektroTanya and I was able to double-check my work. The diode in question is in fact a BAS316. I used an equivalent (non SMD) 1N4148 to test my work and the TV came back to life so I'll have to order some SMD part to do the job right.

Now... should I keept it or sell it... maybe I'll test drive it for a few weeks first..

ps: Should I post the service manual here or? (kind of big at 10Megs)

Thanks again,
                    Stephane

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooZ View Post
                      Great News! I fixed it!

Somebody answered my SM request on ElektroTanya and I was able to double-check my work. The diode in question is in fact a BAS316. I used an equivalent (non SMD) 1N4148 to test my work and the TV came back to life so I'll have to order some SMD part to do the job right.

Now... should I keept it or sell it... maybe I'll test drive it for a few weeks first..

ps: Should I post the service manual here or? (kind of big at 10Megs)

Thanks again,
                      Stephane
                      Topcat has limited PDFs to 9.54 Meg, so that probably won't work. If you have permission, contribute it to Elektrotanya and Scribd. If it isn't going to be in general distribution I'd like a copy myself.

PlainBill

Comment

It came from ElektroTanya.

fyi, how much do you think a cheapo TV (2010) like that would sell for ?

Comment

the component 6101 is the diode BAS316., i have the schematic the tv .please send your email for give you the schematic diagra. please i'm italian , my inglese is very bad !!!
                          my email is libero.it

Comment

Thanks bomcla but like I said I just found the full Service Manual with all schematics so I'm done.

Thank anyways,

Comment

Ok !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X