toshiba 37HL95 "no start"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: toshiba 37HL95 "no start"

the seine board is actually the main (LCD) controller board.
    what you're talking about is the "dumb" tuner board piggybacked on top of it..

disconnecting the seine board is like unplugging the LCD controller board from a LCD monitor, leaving just the powersupply/inverter board running.. "a bit" pointless..

Comment

We're only talking about disconnecting one cable that's plugged in, not to remove anything...worth a shot as the ruse has worked for other Toshiba models.

Comment

i have tried unplugging most everything and in every combination that makes sense so far nothing has made any difference at all

i appreciate everyones help but im not off to a very good start

Comment

Great so you have the manuals and the TV. Now you can use logic to troubleshoot the problem. Start with the mains coming in and main SMPS (You said the STB5v is ok) - Are the voltages ok before the main switching transistor, and what about the circuit that turns the main SMPS on and any protection that may have cut in. IF you want to make it safer you can solder a wire to the point you wish to check before applying any power and connect your meter and then apply power. Refer to page 18 of the manual, connector p813a, what voltages do you get here, monitor pin 3 and press the power button, any changes?
          Last edited by riotpack; 02-06-2011, 01:37 AM.
          Thats not a Fuhjyyu I used in your antec PSU its a HITACHI!! rofl lol lmao funni gui!

Comment

Also refer page 17 and check ALL the standby voltages are present AFTER any regulators etc. Find out what is missing.
            Thats not a Fuhjyyu I used in your antec PSU its a HITACHI!! rofl lol lmao funni gui!

Comment

I am hoping this is not corrupted firmware (location: seine board) - But before spending any money you can at least do voltage testing and see if something is upsetting the boot sequence.It may be a protection kicking in when something like the inverter kicks in, but keep it simple and start at the beginning, standby voltages and power on/protect circuit. Does it keep looping the flashing LEDs over and over? Is there any squealing sound, any sound?

Comment

Is one of the features you refer to the component video input? I have disconnected the seine board and now receive my digital cable feed (via HDMI and a cable box), but cannot receive any video from the DVD player connected to the component inputs. This is a Toshiba 50HPX95 by the way.

Thanks,

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...4&d=1296417297

looks like the resistor to the right of the top transformer has a chunk missing..
                  just something i noticed while looking at those pics..

there's also what looks to be a picofuse to the left of the transformer at the bottom. the green resistor-like looking thing..
                  Pico fuse,s are an overvolt/surge protection devise. I they fail you have a serious problem. It may have been hit threw the earth lug or a transformer blowing up in your neighborhood. I,,v seen it on Pinball/Arcade games in bars with hacked wiring. Best thing to protect your Electronics these days is cheaper than buying new electronics. It,s called a battery backup UPS. Get one with AVR included. It.ll have a min. rating of 850 VA to have AVR. Make sure ALL components and feeds ( AC , cable ect. ) goes threw the UPS before the TV,Stereo,PC units.

Comment

So what was the outcome of this project? Any updates?

Comment

Its dead I threw it in the garbage

Comment

"Its dead I threw it in the garbage"

That is a terrible waste - do you not have Freecycle in Montreal. I am sure
                        there are people who would have loved to get a spare ccfl and other bits.

Yes I see you do

http://groups.freecycle.org/freecyclemontreal/posts/all
                        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

i agree with selldoor. theres alot of tinkerers and enthusiast would like to learn from the
                          inside of that machine.
                          and i been told thats one of the best panels.

Comment

This TV is easy to fix too, it's just the 2.5V buck regulator on the HDMI/LVDS transmitter board.
                            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

We have also found a problem that not only occurs on the Toshiba but, also on many Other LCD Televisions

Also a burnt out Transformer on the Inverter. many times also fails

We have found an easy (TEST FIX) for this, rather than trashing the TV or, buying a new Inverter

We have just completed this fix on a Toshiba 37HL95 and, worked perfectly

IF the Television screen flashes only for a second. take notice of which bulb is not firing. you can easily tell by the unlit area in the front of the screen

If you jump the white wire which connects to the corresponding bulb and, jump from a working bulb, using thick gauge wire (Because, there is high voltage stranded wire is preferred) This will force the bulb on

Hope this helps someone to help keep another TV from the Landfill

Anthony
                              Electronic Surplus
                              This Forum absolutely the best and, the most helpful forum I have ever found anywhere. thanks to all the fantastic members here
                              Help keep these from the landfills

Comment

I have the exact same problem as Scampo77 with my 37HL95 TV, which I bought off Kijiji from some guy for $60. I thought it was a good deal until this happened. He told me the TV as 100% in working condition and no defects. Anyways, I've been looking all night for a fix and stumbled into this forum, thank goodness.

Anthony, you mentioned you found a fix to this problem:

"If you jump the white wire which connects to the corresponding bulb and, jump from a working bulb, using thick gauge wire (Because, there is high voltage stranded wire is preferred) This will force the bulb on"

Could you kindly elaborate as I am not a very 'techy' person, and I really do not want to throw this TV away. When it worked for the first couple of days, the picture was excellent. I just want to fix this as I do not have the budget to purchase the more expensive TVs out there today.

Also, I should perhaps mention that this started happening after I tried using the TV as an external monitor, connecting my Toshiba NB510 using a VGA cable.

Please help :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X