X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VESTEL 17MB82S not working only red led working

Dear friends,
    i do have a VESTEL 17MB82S not working. Here is the story:
    First, when i give power on tv, red led lights after some blinkings and i've noticed that picture apears but no backligt at all (i use a small light to see it).
    Then i do flash with a FAT32 USB stick, the upgrade_loader.pkg file with the known OK button method. After that, the TV stops and when i press the ON-OFF button from remote control, the red led goes on but no backlight no picture at all.
    I do took off the 2 flash IC's U10,U12 try to read them with flash programmer, but i get "Error reading chip" message.
    I 've purchaced 2 new IC's 25Q16,25Q64, reprogram them with two files i 've found into internet but no luck either.
    Then, with power cable pluged but not pushed the power on button from remote and red led off, i do some measures and found that i do have all powers 12/24V,3,3V,5V etc. When i press the power on button from remote, i lost the 3,3V from U10,U12 and i do have only the 5V_STBY voltage.
    Before i give up any efforts to fix it, i send this message asking for help.
    Thanking in advance

Re: VESTEL 17MB82S not working only red led working

So if there was no backlight, but there was an image, why did you reflash something, you had to replace the backlight and that’s it.

Comment

Since i dont have backlight or picture, i put back the originals IC's U10,U12 and now i get three flashes wait a second and keep on this loop.
      I 've tryed to do USB - pressing "OK" procedure but no luck. After finished, the LED goes of and then the 3 times blinking LED loop, still remains.
      TV model TURBO-X 32" well known in Greece.
      My panel is Vestel VES315WNDS-2D-N01
      Main board 17MB82S with the U10,U12 near the PCMCIA socket
      PSU 17iPS71
      Thanking in advance

Comment

Yep, you made a simple problem worse.

Comment

Since i 've replaced the old IC's corectly, the only problem i have is to find the corect upgrade file for my model. That's i'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by pcbmaniac View Post
            Since i dont have backlight or picture, i put back the originals IC's U10,U12 and now i get three flashes wait a second and keep on this loop.
            I 've tryed to do USB - pressing "OK" procedure but no luck. After finished, the LED goes of and then the 3 times blinking LED loop, still remains.
            TV model TURBO-X 32" well known in Greece.
            My panel is Vestel VES315WNDS-2D-N01
            Main board 17MB82S with the U10,U12 near the PCMCIA socket
            PSU 17iPS71
            Thanking in advance
            Try.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
              Try.
              Thank you for your reply.
              I did reflash my new IC's with turbo-x BIN files you send carrefuly, but now i don't get the RED LED flash, no picture, no backlight. All voltages are exists but no activity at all. No remote control commands as well.
              USB stick has a LED on it and when is in the USB socket, it's on but no activity at all.
              Do i need to reflash with the other ORAVA files you send or do i have 2 bad IC's
              and need to replace them?
              TIA

Comment

Try it, experiment. Spi flash not confused with each other?

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                  Try it, experiment. Spi flash not confused with each other?
                  I did try again to reflash it but no luck and red led was off.
                  Then i did flash with LAVOR bin files and now when i press power on button from remote control, the red led flashes and then remains on as normal use should be.
                  At this point, i've measured Q9 and i find his base has 0,6V and colector has only 0,11V and then goes 0V. Q42 has 3,3V at Emmiter. I thing that CCT Protection is working all the time.
                  Also backlight voltage goes at 34V and then reduced slowly to 0V.
                  Since i 'm not a pro, please tell me what else can i measure to find a clue to keep on.
                  TIA

Comment

Well, the first thing you need to do is replace the backlight.

Comment

TV model TURBO-X
                      what the hell of name...

Comment

Working...
                      X