Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 46" TV LE46B530 blowing fuse

Hi all,

I am a newbie and not very experienced so bear with me if i struggle sometimes with technical language - but I'll do my best. I searched "Samsung" and the model number on the forum but didn't find anything I could understand!

I'm not an electronics guy - just picked up stuff over the years through my flight-simming hobby.

I have the above mentioned 46" tv as the monitor for my flight-sim setup. Recently it went "crack" and stopped working. No standdby light and no response. I assumed a fuse had blown and after investigation found a fuse on the main power board gone.

There are two fuses on the board - one 15A and one 13A. The 13A fuse had blown, not the 15A and also not the 5A in the mains plug (I'm in the UK so we work on 250v here).

In a fit of extreme optimism I just replaced the blownfuse and hoped for the best. Of course, the tv blew again. This time, though, all fuses remained intact and it blew the leg off a capacitor on the main board _ CM806 on the attached photo.

Once I find out the value of the cap I can solder a new one in - but could it be that simple? Or might there be another problem further down the line?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Roger.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RogerH58; 06-10-2023, 10:28 AM. Reason: better info in the title

Re: Samsung 46" TV LE46B530 blowing fuse

In general, this fuse is not 15A, but 3.15A (3A).

Comment

CM806 is a 68pF/1kv ceramic disc , replace with a 68pf/2kv, check the solder connections on ICM801, Do a search for the board number BN44-00265B, there you will find a schematic.
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=bn44-00265b (post #6)

Comment

Thank you both.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
          In general, this fuse is not 15A, but 3.15A (3A).
          Thanks for that - yes, it reads "T3.15A" - reading it upside down I saw it as 13.15! Thanks for the heads-up :-)

Comment

Hello,
            interestingly, I had exactly the same sequence of faults with a Samsung LE46B530 that was about 14 years and 6 months old, as Roger had already described:

- First the fuse "T3.15AH250V" was blowing. I was able to identify the faulty fuse using a multimeter (continuity test), the other fuse "T6.3AH250V" still gave an acoustic signal, so it was OK.
            - After replacing the 3.15A fuse with a new one of the same type, there was another bang when the TV was switched on.
            - This time the ceramic capacitor CM806 had blown in addition to the newly installed fuse - the circuit board was blackened at this point.
            - As R_J has already recommended, I have ordered new 68 pF 2 kV capacitors, delivery may take a few days.

I would now like to know whether the problem with the faulty CM806 capacitor has been solved by soldering in a new component? Or will other electronic components break afterwards, which I hope will not happen?

Thank you in advance for your help!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by BamBamBigolo; 07-04-2024, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Hello again,

I have discovered that there was another, much more serious damage on the circuit board: two of the six contacts on the component labeled "ICM801" are broken, you can recognise the melted, round ends on the pins, see attached photo.

Replacing the ceramic capacitor CM806 is thus not enough. Unfortunately, I will therefore be forced to buy a new television.

However, it would be interesting to know if anyone else has been able to solve this problem by repairing their TV device.
              Attached Files

Comment

Repair kit, seems to be a match, looks like it has your blown up parts and probably any other part you need, check on youtube for testing and replacement videos if needed: https://www.ebay.com/itm/27653126085...Bk9SR7CczMuTZA

Comment

Hello nomoresonys and thank you very much for this tip.

Unfortunately, it seems that it is not possible to ship the repair kit to Germany.

Even if I had such a kit, I found out that you can buy this TV model used here for very little money (from about 50 EUR).

Sadly, a repair with this kit would therefore not really be economical from my point of view. You also have to take into account the money spent so far, the own working time and the risk of further damages.

Thanks though and good luck to anyone who tries to repair the TV.

Comment

ICM801 - ICE3BR1065J

schematic Power Supply Inverter BN44-00265B
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BamBamBigolo View Post
                      Hello nomoresonys and thank you very much for this tip.

Unfortunately, it seems that it is not possible to ship the repair kit to Germany.

Even if I had such a kit, I found out that you can buy this TV model used here for very little money (from about 50 EUR).

Sadly, a repair with this kit would therefore not really be economical from my point of view. You also have to take into account the money spent so far, the own working time and the risk of further damages.

Thanks though and good luck to anyone who tries to repair the TV.
                      Yes indeed, I agree with you 100 percent, not worth the money or time in this case.

Comment

Working...
                      X