Sony Slv N60 VCR issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Slv N60 VCR issue

Hi guys; is there any experts on Sony VCR? .It's not a big issue per say but i'd like to understand why it acts like this. I'm trying to use the vcr as a RF converter to send video from a streaming box via HDMI to an HDMI to RCA converter to RF coaxial to the hole Apt ,i was able to make the set up and connection ,i connected RCA cables to VCR input line 1 but in order to see video from the streaming box i have to put a tape in the vcr and press play and i can stop play and video stays on. I have to do this process every time i turn on VCR .Any clues why? thanks

Re: Sony Slv N60 VCR issue

Never mind i had a VCR expert explanation;The normal domestic setup for a VCR was to feed the aerial rf signal through the unit to the TV rf input (allowing viewing and recording of broadcast programmes with the VCR in line), with rf channel 34 being the default value for the VCR play output. So there was no need to connect the RCA line outs. Many TVs did not have RCA inputs, as domestic users did not have an RCA video source before VCRs came along.

With the VCR in standby/off mode, only the rf signal feed-through would be on. The VCR model you have maybe configured such that the RCA line outs are only energised when a tape is installed, which might be a common arrangement given the normal VCR setup.
    Last edited by ivtec; 06-09-2023, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X