Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinout of LG 4 pole 3.5 mm component video cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinout of LG 4 pole 3.5 mm component video cables?

I hope this forum is appropriate to ask about pinouts for tv manufacturers.

So I just acquired an LG 42LE530N and noticed it uses a 3.5 mm jack for component video. To confirm component input working I dug out a 4 pole 3.5 to RCA camcorder cord and tried all configurations before realizing that GND must not be on pin 3.

Is there a standard pin out for this? Or is it LG specific?

What is it?

It's easy enough to find pin outs of 3.5 mm composite AV, but couldn't seem to find any for component video*. Maybe I looked in the wrong places.

* Technically I found two on pinoutguide.com, but they didn't sound very standard (https://pinoutguide.com/Audio-Video-...s_pinout.shtml).
    Last edited by ohren; 02-25-2023, 08:45 AM.

Re: Pinout of LG 4 pole 3.5 mm component video cables?

component video plug
    https://www.huoltopalvelu.com/LG-tel...mm-GBR-adapter

Comment

component is used in America, not in Europe, may you are searching for composite (yellow plug)?

Comment

Used everywhere in old technology and AV, S-video, Component video.

Comment

ok not in italy then..

Comment

Oh no there's no component video in italy, only on this new tv here right or are they wrong, don't think so, so you are WRONG d. pee https://www-sinergy--store-com.trans...en&_x_tr_hl=en
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-25-2023, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
              Yes, that seems to be an example of a product whose pinout I'm wondering about. I should've mentioned I was asking about YPbPr.

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
              component is used in America, not in Europe, may you are searching for composite (yellow plug)?
              Component video works fine whenever I use it. Must be a glitch in the matrix where I live.

Anyway there wouldn't be much point in asking for the pinout of composite video — it's one way or the other. With YPbPr there are 24 permutations assuming a common GND.
              Last edited by ohren; 02-25-2023, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I can tell you the one on my Panasonic adapter:
                --------,__ __ __ __
                ........!__!__!__! __)
                --------'
                From left (handle) 1 ring Red, 2nd ring GND, 3rd ring Green, Tip Blue

Comment

Does this component input have one or two jacks, IE: one for audio and one for video?
                  If it is only one jack it could be a 5pin + shield
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                    I can tell you the one on my Panasonic adapter:
                    --------,__ __ __ __
                    ........!__!__!__! __)
                    --------'
                    From left (handle) 1 ring Red, 2nd ring GND, 3rd ring Green, Tip Blue
                    Thanks for taking the trouble! When you say Panasonic adapter, do you refer to an adapter for your Panasonic TV, or for your Panasonic <something else>?

Anyway, that's unfortunate, since GND is in the same place as the one I already tried.

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                    Does this component input have one or two jacks, IE: one for audio and one for video?
                    If it is only one jack it could be a 5pin + shield
                    It's two jacks; one for YPbPr video and one for stereo audio. I'm simply making the assumption of 4 pole + 3 pole. Haven't ever come across the kind of 3.5 mm plug you're describing — sounds like a monstrosity.

They naturally took care to show the video cord plugged into the audio jack in the illustration in the manual, as if it weren't complicated enough for the average user

Comment

Have you tried using the sleeve as ground and the tip as green (as provided in your 1st post link)?, This should give a B&W picture if it works, then you can connect the blue and red

The jack I provided in #9 was from the 42le530n (LD01D chassis) service manual
                      Last edited by R_J; 02-25-2023, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Pinout
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                          Have you tried using the sleeve as ground and the tip as green (as provided in your 1st post link)?, This should give a B&W picture if it works, then you can connect the blue and red
                          No but I did now, and yes, that was correct. I didn't think of just trying green, thanks! Otherwise, the prospect of manually holding RCAs tips to sleeves and keeping track of it all wasn't very appealing

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                          Pinout
                          Thank you very much for taking the trouble! More than I could've asked for.

Now I won't have to second-guess whether the manual is in fact correct (it is NOT — the jack labels are correct), whether the two jacks are are 3, 4 or 5(?) poles, and which is Pb and which is Pr.

For the next person:

Both jacks are 4 pole. Component plug (as T,R,R,S) is: Y, Pb, Pr, GND. Audio in is shared with composite in which is V, L, R, GND, meaning that you're required to get another 4 pole adapter just to connect stereo audio. Awkward design.

Comment

i mean for Panasonic lcd tv, it has a double plug, the other smaller is for audio

Comment

Working...
                            X