Schematic/Boardview Request: Dell Latitude 7424 Rugged Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schematic/Boardview Request: Dell Latitude 7424 Rugged Extreme

If anyone knows where I might locate this I would be eternally grateful, I seem to be coming up dry.
    Thx in advance.

Re: Schematic/Boardview Request: Dell Latitude 7424 Rugged Extreme

Found only the attached in my paid service.

What is the fault ? Start a thread in the laptop repair forum with the details.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-14-2022, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rive.hafintosh View Post
      If anyone knows where I might locate this I would be eternally grateful, I seem to be coming up dry.
      Thx in advance.
      Boardview
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-14-2022, 10:21 AM.
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        Boardview
        Maybe I'm using the wrong viewer to open it but, it's telling me the file is password protected in allegro, any advice? thanks

Comment

Maybe I'm using the wrong viewer to open it but, it's telling me the file is password protected in allegro, any advice? thanks
          Use "Allegro Viewer 16.6". I Tested on it and opens perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
            Found only the attached in my paid service.

What is the fault ? Start a thread in the laptop repair forum with the details.
            honestly, was just trying to identify the bios chip as there seems to be multiple possibilities but I haven't really been able to pinpoint the chip I'm looking for yet.

When I unpacked the .exe file from dell with the bios file it returned a 16mb file, yet the only bios dump I found online was for a 8mb chip... which I most likely found the 8mb SOIC-8 chip it likely matches up with.. but that's not the 16mb file size I was expecting when looking for something to fit the bios file found at dell support... but other than the 8mb chip I have only found a few other possible chips on the board one of them being a winbond 128m-bit WSON8 package which still isn't the 16mb I was expecting to find when trying to locate the bios chip, could I be mistaken in thinking it has one when it in reality it stores the bios somewhere else like the MEC 51xx chip I saw on the board (just something I thought of when I thought of lenovo's new laptops if I'm understanding correctly how those ones are designed which I probably don't) thanks

Comment

The extracted update is 8,572KB ,its only a bios update not a full image

128 mega bits is 16MB mega bytes
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

ahhh, right. I suppose that's the one then, I feel stupid now. thanks

Comment

ahhh, right. I suppose that's the one then, I feel stupid now. thanks
                  It confuses everyone so don`t worry.

Comment

Working...
                  X