Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinkpad E480 BIOS Dump

I have a Thinkpad E480. Type 20KN-003ULM

The problem it presents is that it turns on the power LED light but it never gives video. Last time it worked I left it on and unplugged. It probably discharged and never turned on again. What I found out is that a Firmware update came out that day, I would believe it was attempted to update and ended up with a corrupted BIOS update.

I have tried with other DUMP bios from other posts and they have not worked for me. Here I leave a backup of my non-functional BIOS, I hope someone can help me with my problem.
    From now, thank you for you help
    Attached Files

Re: Thinkpad E480 BIOS Dump

Originally posted by robante15 View Post
    I have a Thinkpad E480. Type 20KN-003ULM

The problem it presents is that it turns on the power LED light but it never gives video. Last time it worked I left it on and unplugged. It probably discharged and never turned on again. What I found out is that a Firmware update came out that day, I would believe it was attempted to update and ended up with a corrupted BIOS update.

I have tried with other DUMP bios from other posts and they have not worked for me. Here I leave a backup of my non-functional BIOS, I hope someone can help me with my problem.
    From now, thank you for you help
    Here's your new file, try it and let me know the results.
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
      Here's your new file, try it and let me know the results.
      I have tried the file and at least on my computer it didn't work.

I would think it may be an EC problem. Unfortunately I do not have an EC programmer

Comment

Originally posted by robante15 View Post
        I have tried the file and at least on my computer it didn't work.

I would think it may be an EC problem. Unfortunately I do not have an EC programmer
        Didn't work mean no power or no display? is it doing the same symptoms like the other files?
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        >>>>>

Comment

Didn't work mean no power or no display? is it doing the same symptoms like the other files?
          Turns on the power LED, but no image

It also doesn't turn on the fan, nor the keyboard LED. But it does charge the battery.

And yes, the behavior is the same as with other files

Comment

I see that your file has EC Region, i have replaced it so you can give this file a try.
            Attached Files
            >>>>>

Comment

I see that your file has EC Region, i have replaced it so you can give this file a try.
              the same behavior

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                need bios please.
                Laptop turns on but black screen.
                can someone post the bios for Lenovo thinkpad e480
                Mobo type: 20KN-CT-1WW
                S/N: PF-1J9TLL
                Thank you in advance!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by repairit.ie; 05-08-2023, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by repairit.ie View Post
                  Hi Everyone!
                  need bios please.
                  Laptop turns on but black screen.
                  can someone post the bios for Lenovo thinkpad e480
                  Mobo type: 20KN-CT-1WW
                  S/N: PF-1J9TLL
                  Thank you in advance!
                  Here's your New BIOS, try it and let me know the results.
                  Attached Files
                  >>>>>

Comment

Still no display
                    laptop charging battery, turns on but no display. Checked the usual suspects but board still not working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by repairit.ie View Post
                      still no display
                      laptop charging battery, turns on but no display. Checked the usual suspects but board still not working properly.
                      try this
                      Attached Files

Comment

Lenovo E480 NM-B421 please repair the bios

Hello everyone,

I bought a damaged laptop, one RAM slot was not working. I thought it was the Bios fault, so I uploaded one from this forum, unfortunately the laptop did not turn on anymore. I uploaded the original bios back, but the laptop no more turns on.

The laptop is charging the battery, 3V and 5V are present. After pressing the power button no reaction.

Attached is the original bios and all data. Please fix the bios.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X