HP 850 G2 is not in committed state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP 850 G2 is not in committed state

What is programmer?? Hardware or software??????

If you mean I have to unsold the chip, we can forget it, then the machine is destroyed.

THX

Labt

Comment

You don`t need to desolder the bios, you can use a 8 pin clip with a bios programmer .

https://www.ebay.de/itm/EZP2010-Hoch...6/192647449759
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi,

I've ordered such a tool. Now I'm waiting.

But I have further questions:

Is there a preferred software to extract the bios?
        From which of the both I take the bios.

THX

Labt
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I have an HP 850 G2 with the same error of "not in committed state" as well as missing "system board", "product name", "serial" and "sku."

I attached my 16mb dump.
          Attached Files

Comment

A replacement system board comes out without all that info. The service tech is supposed to fill all that stuff in with a utilit they have on a bootable USB (think it's nbdmifit). If memory serves, you boot it in UEFI mode, it allows you lock/unlock the MPM, and boot it legacy you can run the utilities there to fill in the serial number, board number etc. On most machines (at least the business machines like the Elitebook), you can run the HP BiosConfiguration utility to fill in all that info. You're then supposed to lock the MPM at the end to prohibit further changes. If you leave it unlocked, then you get that uncommitted state error.

So your system board has been replaced with a HP spare, but hasn't been programmed properly. I see it a lot on refurbished HP's.

Comment

Since your MPM is already unlocked, you can update that info with the BiosConfigurationUtility directly from Windows (via a command prompt).

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107...0/sp107705.exe

Easiest thing I find is dump out the contents of the board into a text file, edit it, then reimport that with the utility. You might need to muck around with Windows permissions for the directory to save the changes for your config file.

Biosconfigutility64 /getconfig:"config.txt"

Edit the file with product name etc. The CT model etc are usually on labels on the motherboard. Product name is usually in the form "HP Elitebook 850 G2". Serial number etc just paste them in, save it, then reimport:

Biosconfigutility64 /setconfig:"config.txt"

Your new info can be seen in msinfo32 BTW. Finally, to lock the MPM (committed state), just run:

Biosconfigutility64 /setvalue:"Manufacturing Programming Mode","Lock"

You won't be able to update serial etc after you do that without using the Nbdmifit tool.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I'll give that a go and you know how that goes. I appreciate the help.

Comment

I was able to enter the serial, etc and that worked great.

I ran the code for the "committed state" but the message still pops up when turning on the laptop. I was getting a message below the "committed state" message, but I unfortunately don't recall what the exact message said but it said something similar to "programming 7 of 10". But that message is gone now, so is the message about the serial #.

I was wondering if you might have ever seen that. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X