• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenove Thinkapd X1 carbon bios dump

Originally posted by yasirnawazk2 View Post
    Need bios x1 carbon 3th gen 11246-1 lgs-1 mb 48.4rq21.011
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88061
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

lenovo x1 carbon LMQ1-MB 12298-2 48 4LY06.021 NEED BIOS

Comment

Originally posted by munir100 View Post
        lenovo x1 carbon LMQ1-MB 12298-2 48 4LY06.021 NEED BIOS
        Upload your original bios when you request the help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi,

I changed a lot of bootloader settings (fooling around with ubuntu and GRUB) on my X1 carbon and eventually it wouldn't even get to BIOS when I powered it up - just make a series of tones. I'm trying to reflash the BIOS using a CH341a, so I want the clean, undamaged BIOS bin file for a:

6th generation lenovo X1 carbon, type 20KH-CTO1WW.

It has a NM-B48 motherboard. I think the bios chip is the one marked:

winbond
          25Q128JVSQ

The existing bios that I read off of that chip is attached. IMPORTANT: it's not actually a rar file, its a bin file which isnt supported here, so if you download it, change the ending back to .bin. I suspect there's something wrong with it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Hello. I have a problem with the password on the Carbon x1 Type 20A8. Carbon is also a Thinkpad. Should Auto-patcher work in this model? I get tired and it doesn't work.
              What do I have to do to removed the password from this model (i7 4th generation)?
              Thanks in advance for all the information.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Hello Hello
                  I have my Lenovo thinkpad X1 carbon which has a display problem
                  lmq-1 mb12298-248.4ly07.021
                  please can someone help me fix this file 🙏?
                  Attached Files

Comment

rehaet or replace on board RAM, problem solved

Comment

Bios extraction of lenovo X1 C Gen 2

Hello Friends,
                      Does Anyone know how to extract and get EC and BIOS bin from this exe?,

Thank you.

Attached Files

Comment

Re: Bios extraction of lenovo X1 C Gen 2

Originally posted by NiroPall View Post
                        Hello Friends,
                        Does Anyone know how to extract and get EC and BIOS bin from this exe?,

Thank you.

Sent to you
                        Attached Files

Comment

Re: Bios extraction of lenovo X1 C Gen 2

Originally posted by minhdigital View Post
                          Sent to you
                          Thank you Very much.

Comment

Hello all, I am looking for what I think is the thunderbolt firmware
                            on the Winbond 80mb chip if anyone can help.

someone has had a go at this before me and they have done the wrong chip.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan20701 View Post
                              Hello all, I am looking for what I think is the thunderbolt firmware
                              on the Winbond 80mb chip if anyone can help.

someone has had a go at this before me and they have done the wrong chip.

Thanks.
                              What's wrong with your device?
                              We will need some info about your device (Model Number, Serial Number and Motherboard Number).
                              It will be useful if you upload a Backup from your Main BIOS and the Thunderbolt chip also.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                              all donations are welcome,
                              see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                              >>>>>
                              click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                              Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hello mate thanks for reply.
                                The laptop power button lights up for a split second when powering on
                                the laptop, fan starts to spin and stops.

The owner has over written the chip, Lenove Thinkpad X1 carbon.

I cannot find a short circuit no where on the motherboard he says this chip
                                is the only thing that's been messed about with.

Thanks.

Comment

The owner has over written the chip, Lenove Thinkpad X1 carbon.
                                  X1 Carbon gen? Can you provide the Serial Number and the Motherboard Number to get the proper BIOS?

You are asking for the Thunderbolt firmware, what about the Main BIOS?
                                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                  >>>>>

Comment

Hello again mate

TYPE 20HR-002MUK, S:N PF-0XRYFZ 18/03. on the back cover, sticker.
                                    Motherboard DX120 NM-B141 Rev 1.0
                                    I am attaching the original bios. Thanks again mate, if you have any idea
                                    at all I be very grateful.

Edited, The Winbond 80mb is all FF FF FF FF.
                                    And the laptop is being powered by a usb-c cable its all we have.

Thanks.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Dan20701; 07-12-2023, 06:24 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Hello again mate

TYPE 20HR-002MUK, S:N PF-0XRYFZ 18/03. on the back cover, sticker.
                                      Motherboard DX120 NM-B141 Rev 1.0
                                      I am attaching the original bios. Thanks again mate, if you have any idea
                                      at all I be very grateful.

Edited, The Winbond 80mb is all FF FF FF FF.
                                      And the laptop is being powered by a usb-c cable its all we have.

Thanks.
                                      Your dump file is empty by FF, try to read it again.
                                      I attached both BIOS and Thunderbolt firmware, you can try it.
                                      Attached Files
                                      >>>>>

Comment

Hello mate, Its working must have been a corrupted bios
                                        The hours I spent on this one lol.

I can't thank you enough mate, Thank a lot.

Comment

Hello mate, Its working must have been a corrupted bios
                                          The hours I spent on this one lol.

I can't thank you enough mate, Thank a lot.
                                          It's good to know, you're welcome.
                                          >>>>>

Comment

Working...
                                          X