Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surface Pro 9, i5 version, lost touch on screen after upgrading hard drive, and ISH Power State shows Disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surface Pro 9, i5 version, lost touch on screen after upgrading hard drive, and ISH Power State shows Disabled

After upgrading the factory 128Gb SSD to a 512Gb WD_Black SN770M, this surface pro lost touch on screen, no touch in windows or in UEFI.
    The Human Interface Devices did find touch and stylus but it shows Disabled in windows device manager.
    I am not sure if this is a bios problem or hardware problem, already tried reinstall and reset from windows, not working. And now trying to clean/reset the bios.

Computer model is: Surface Pro 9, i5, 8GB memory, 128GB
    Serial number: 0F00S2Y22353BF

Intel(R) ME Code Versions:
    BIOS Version 12.200.143
    MEI Driver Version 2251.4.2.0
    FW Version 16.1.27.2176 LP Consumer

PCH Information
    PCH Name ADL
    PCH Device ID 5182
    PCH Revision ID A1
    PCH SKU Type Production PRQ Revenue
    PCH Replacement State Disabled
    PCH Replaceable Counter 0
    PCH Unlocked State Disabled

The bios dump seems working using FPTW64 from CSME System Tools v16.1 r0, but mFit could not decompose the image.
    The dump bin image is attached, and full output of MEInfo64 and MEAnalyser is also attached.
    Pease help analyze or clean the bios. Much appreciated!

Attached Files

A USB reset using microsoft factory recovery didn't bring back the touch either.

Comment

plug your old 128gb ssd and check on it before upgrade ssd touch was working in old 128gb ssd right ?

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post
        plug your old 128gb ssd and check on it before upgrade ssd touch was working in old 128gb ssd right ?
        THanks. Yes, I tried and the touch didn't work either. It stopped working in UEFI or USB boot, so the issue is not on the hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by hotgly View Post

THanks. Yes, I tried and the touch didn't work either. It stopped working in UEFI or USB boot, so the issue is not on the hard drive.
          Send to you, try
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by minhdigital View Post

Send to you, try
            Thanks! Is CSME System Tools v16.1 r0 the right tool for this machine? I've never tried written an image back and worried about making a bigger mess. Please kindly point me to a guideline. Appreciated!

Comment

Send to you, try
              The flash_edit.bn seems contain almost all FF in hex compare. Please help take a look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	68
Size:	835.6 KB
ID:	3271900

Comment

Send to you, try
                Hi, minhdigital, I just tried programming with your file and didn't succeed. Please help take a look and the error says:

Tools\CSME System Tools v16.1 r0\CSME System Tools v16.1 r0\Flash Programming Tool\WIN64>FPTW64 -f flash_edit.bin
                Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool Version: 16.1.25.2049
                Copyright (C) 2005 - 2022, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---
                ID:0xEF6019 Size: 32768KB (262144Kb)

Error 167: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.
                Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable
                Protected Range Registers.

FPT Operation Failed.

Comment

Originally posted by hotgly View Post

Hi, minhdigital, I just tried programming with your file and didn't succeed. Please help take a look and the error says:

Tools\CSME System Tools v16.1 r0\CSME System Tools v16.1 r0\Flash Programming Tool\WIN64>FPTW64 -f flash_edit.bin
                  Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool Version: 16.1.25.2049
                  Copyright (C) 2005 - 2022, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---
                  ID:0xEF6019 Size: 32768KB (262144Kb)

Error 167: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.
                  Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable
                  Protected Range Registers.

FPT Operation Failed.
                  Try read :

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...21#post1622421

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...ools#post91555

Comment

Thanks for reply. I am sorry but with my limited knowledge, I cannot make a clue from reading the posts.
                    Any further help/directions are appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                    X