X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus M7600R BIOS Password request/removal

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can assist me.
    I have an Asus Vivobook 16x Pro OLED laptop which has a BIOS password, and I can't seem to find it.
    It still boots into Windows (boots from whatever SSD is installed but not from USB).

The model number is M7600R and serial number is N8N0CX03H71131C.

I tried AMITSESetup Decryptor but the password I got doesn't make sense (it's got a line break and special characters).
    I also tried to use *************** MOD EDIT ,redacted************** and it also gave me the funny password of
    Code:
    tmNx\'=QJQ
    f
    I tried to use the unlock option from the website above, but when flashing with Aptio Tools V, I get the error 18 - Error: Secure Flash Rom Verify Fail.

I dumped the bios using Aptio Tools V.

Can someone please assist me with the password for the BIOS, or to remove the password (or how I could get past the error 18 - Error: Secure Flash Rom Verify Fail.)

Thank you
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Johnny h View Post
    Hello,

I'm hoping someone can assist me.
    I have an Asus Vivobook 16x Pro OLED laptop which has a BIOS password, and I can't seem to find it.
    It still boots into Windows (boots from whatever SSD is installed but not from USB).

The model number is M7600R and serial number is N8N0CX03H71131C.

I tried AMITSESetup Decryptor but the password I got doesn't make sense (it's got a line break and special characters).
    I also tried to use *************** MOD EDIT ,redacted************** and it also gave me the funny password of
    Code:
    tmNx\'=QJQ
    f
    I tried to use the unlock option from the website above, but when flashing with Aptio Tools V, I get the error 18 - Error: Secure Flash Rom Verify Fail.

I dumped the bios using Aptio Tools V.

Can someone please assist me with the password for the BIOS, or to remove the password (or how I could get past the error 18 - Error: Secure Flash Rom Verify Fail.)

Thank you
    Backup bios by programmer. Please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

Backup bios by programmer. Please.
      Sorry, I'm quite new to the process and don't have a programmer myself. Will see if I can get one from a repair shop and will reply.
      Thank you for the help

Comment

Working...
      X