ASUS GL702V Bios flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS GL702V Bios flash

Hello all, so basically I have a bricked GL702V with no power except a single LED flash on the power button when it is pressed. Customer had tried to flash his bios with a USB and the GL702VM310 version of this laptop's bios. I've been scouring the web for a correct version of his bios but all the ones on the ASUS website are for GL702VM, GL702VT, GL702VS, or GL702VI with versions varying from 300-310. This specific laptop has nothing other than just the GL702V so I don't know which bios is compatible with it. I was planning on programming it with the CH341A programmer as soon as I found the correct bios version. At this point I'm not even sure if it's recoverable or if I would need to order a new chip for it. Chip itself is a winbond W25Q64FVSIQ. I've attatched pictures of the model on the back of the computer and the bios chip.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by garretofriviaaaaa View Post
    Hello all, so basically I have a bricked GL702V with no power except a single LED flash on the power button when it is pressed. Customer had tried to flash his bios with a USB and the GL702VM310 version of this laptop's bios. I've been scouring the web for a correct version of his bios but all the ones on the ASUS website are for GL702VM, GL702VT, GL702VS, or GL702VI with versions varying from 300-310. This specific laptop has nothing other than just the GL702V so I don't know which bios is compatible with it. I was planning on programming it with the CH341A programmer as soon as I found the correct bios version. At this point I'm not even sure if it's recoverable or if I would need to order a new chip for it. Chip itself is a winbond W25Q64FVSIQ. I've attatched pictures of the model on the back of the computer and the bios chip.
    The post is missing the serial number and bios backup.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

The post is missing the serial number and bios backup.
      why would you need the serial number of the computer? genuinely curious. And I don't have a BIOS backup, i just have the USB with the bios file he downloaded onto it. I could make one from the programmer but its gonna be the same bios.

Comment

• Vesko356
        Vesko356 commented
        Editing a comment
        RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
        • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules. Not as a picture, part of the file name and so on.
        • Provide a BIOS/EC dump if possible
        • Attach files directly to your post instead of linking to external websites
    Working...
    X