Extract Bios from Dell AFUDELL update executable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extract Bios from Dell AFUDELL update executable

Dell update exe used for this guide: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115816

Some of the newer dell updates can`t be extracted using PFS extract,or using the command line with the switches ( /writeromfile etc) .These types of updates are an AFUDELL application

EDIT: You can also use AMI UCP extract by platomav -> https://github.com/platomav/BIOSUtilities .The last compiled windows version is attached to this post

Click image for larger version  Name:	1. AFUDELL Application.jpg Views:	1480 Size:	102.3 KB ID:	3156269

To extract,first we need to use AMIUCP.Select the @R00 file ,select the extract button under the functions and select where to save the file.You can save it as Rom.bin or any other name .When you click on Apply it will be saved to the location you chose.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2. AMIUCP Extract.JPG Views:	2617 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	2252552

Close AMIUCP, open the saved file with a hex editor.At the top you can see the word AMIPFAT.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3. HxD Hex Editor AMIPFAT.JPG Views:	2575 Size:	90.4 KB ID:	2252553

The next step is to extract the file with AMI PFAT Extractor.
    After its extracted open the DATA_ALL file with a hex editor.The PFAT header at the top has been deleted but the end part hasn`t,so you need to find out where the end of the file is to edit to the correct size.
    The DATA_END file can be deleted,and the 0 KB file above it. Open the next file up "Rom.bin -- 1_10 -- BIOS_FV_FSPTM.bin" ,go to the end of the file,copy the last line as hex and search in DATA_ALL for the hex to find the end off-set.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4. Search in DATA_ALL for hex.JPG Views:	2561 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	2252554

Click image for larger version  Name:	5. HxD edit file size.JPG Views:	2558 Size:	179.6 KB ID:	2252555

Alternatively you can join the files 1_01 to 1_10 using a batch command,file joining software or a hex editor.

Credit to Ciber SLasH at vlab for the AMIUCP settings guide
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-18-2024, 06:26 AM. Reason: Added AMI UCP Extract
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Re: Extract Bios from Dell AFUDELL update executable

Always with your simple and very instructive explanations
    Thank you man

Comment

Another good lesson for me to learn a new method, Thank you.

I deal with that type of files in a bit different way, perhaps it could be useful for someone else.

When I can't extract the .exe file using PFS, I go and see if there are other formats such as (.rcv), I download it and that let me skip the steps for (AMIUCP), just work on (AMIPFAT).
      I don't know if the .rcv format is provided always or not.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-20-2023, 03:52 AM. Reason: full quote
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>>
      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
        another good lesson for me to learn a new method, thank you.

i deal with that type of files in a bit different way, perhaps it could be useful for someone else.

When i can't extract the .exe file using pfs, i go and see if there are other formats such as (.rcv), i download it and that let me skip the steps for (amiucp), just work on (amipfat).
        i don't know if the .rcv format is provided always or not.
        not alwasy but maximum time they provoide that .crv file under exe
        i am using that too but few models crv file is not extractable

Comment

THANKS SMDFlea

Comment

Thanx a lot
            Attached Files

Comment

we need like button in this amazing forum

Comment

Terima kasih banyak , Thank you very much

Comment