lenovo thinkpad t490 (20N2, 20N3) bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lenovo thinkpad t490 (20N2, 20N3) bios clear me

My Lenovo ThinkPad T490 onboard ram messed up, not working can anyone disable the onboard ram in bios. below is the attachment dumb bios file.

Pls I tried using BIOS memory SPD removal tool, but didn't work
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vesko356; 08-30-2023, 07:15 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Comment

Originally posted by apostsamking View Post
      My Lenovo ThinkPad T490 onboard ram messed up, not working can anyone disable the onboard ram in bios. below is the attachment dumb bios file.

Pls I tried using BIOS memory SPD removal tool, but didn't work
      Try this one
      Attached Files
      Forced to love badcaps.net

Comment

thanks very much i will try and give feed back

Comment

Pls Sorry it seems i sent the wrong file, so it didn't work. the correct file is attached
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by krissdmtz View Post
            Try this one
            Pls i mistakenly sent the wrong file, I have two of the T490 Laptop one works fine one has the ram problem. so i sent the bios file of the other one so it didn't work. i have sent the correct name T490. Pls help me with it. thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by apostsamking View Post
              Pls i mistakenly sent the wrong file, I have two of the T490 Laptop one works fine one has the ram problem. so i sent the bios file of the other one so it didn't work. i have sent the correct name T490. Pls help me with it. thanks very much
              Serial Number ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
              Become a Badcaps supporter
              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
              Thanks to all supporters.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi all tried to use Lenovo auto patcher on my T490 but it wouldn't work.
                here is my original dump with supervisor password any help will be appreciated
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MBAS111 View Post
                  Here
                  Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                    Here
                    Sorry this didn't work same symptom as the auto patcher continuous beeping followed by some musical rhythm blank screen

Comment

I think the patch method will not work for T490, you have to re-flash the SIO (EC) if it's programmable.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                      all donations are welcome,
                      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                      >>>>>
                      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                        I think the patch method will not work for T490, you have to re-flash the SIO (EC) if it's programmable.
                        sorry but i am not too advanced with SIO programming where do I find this chip and could i use the CH341 to reprogram? and also any tutorials to show what exactly im reprogramming back onto this chip?

Comment

sorry but i am not too advanced with SIO programming where do I find this chip and could i use the CH341 to reprogram? and also any tutorials to show what exactly im reprogramming back onto this chip?
                          Do some research in this forum with your device model number. I think the SIO is "MEC 1663". CH341A can't do that, you have to use (RT809H, SVOD4 or Vertyanov).
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                          all donations are welcome,
                          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                          >>>>>
                          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Re: lenovo t490 can you please clear me file

hi everyone ... i want to learn how to unlock bios on all kind of laptops like lenovo,dell and hp...thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                              serial number ?
                              there is no serial number on the laptop, it seems like its been removed.

Comment

no display
                                type 20N5-S0ST00
                                S/N PF-13J06Z
                                Attached Files

Comment

Lenovo T490
                                  Type : 20N3-SA5500
                                  S.N. : PF-1Y41HS
                                  mb model NM-B901 rev.1.0

Please can you help me with repair or clear ME region.
                                  FIT not opened this file because corrupt ME region.
                                  Notebook normal started, but write ME FW update error and not work sound card.

Thanks .
                                  Attached Files

Comment

No one can help with my faulty BIOS, which displays FW update error at startup.
                                    I tried various other BIOSes that I found on the forum, but NB will only boot with the original damaged BIOS.
                                    I have no idea why it can only run with the original BIOS.

Comment

So I finally got a BIOS with which the NB starts, but it has a slow start.
                                      Can someone help me with clean ME region.

Thanks for the help.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bushmann View Post
                                        So I finally got a BIOS with which the NB starts, but it has a slow start.
                                        Can someone help me with clean ME region.

Thanks for the help.
                                        here
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rex98 View Post

here
                                          Thanks, BIOS work fine . ☺

Comment

Working...
                                          X