Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TL866-3G programmer,bios chip 25B127DSIG which option should I choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TL866-3G programmer,bios chip 25B127DSIG which option should I choose?

Hello dear friends,
    I download the software for the programmer T48 TL866-3G
    my HP ProBook 430 G5 2VP86EA with
    motherboard model: DA0X8BMB6F0 rev F and
    BIOS CHIP model: 25B127DSIG BIOS
    is showed there 4 times:
    25B127DSIG @DIP8
    25B127DSIG @SOIC8
    25B127DSIG @WSON8
    25B127DSIG @SOIC16
    So I don't know which version should i choose if I used the test clip cable?
    if I choose the wrong option, can it make damage to the chip or to one of the laptops while I used the test clip cable? because I have no experience in soldering.
    thank you very much.

Re: TL866-3G programmer,bios chip 25B127DSIG which option should I choose?

Originally posted by leezhihao2020 View Post
    is showed there 4 times:
    25B127DSIG @DIP8
    25B127DSIG @SOIC8
    25B127DSIG @WSON8
    25B127DSIG @SOIC16
    So I don't know which version should i choose if I used the test clip cable?
    It depends what type of chip you have and the type of clip. If you have an SOIC/SOP8 chip with 8 legs sticking out and you have a SOIC/SOP8 clip then the clip will clasp onto the legs.If your chip is WSON8 a SOP8 clip will not work as there is nothing to grip onto,and the chip itself could be damaged if you try it.
    I doubt the chip you have is SOIC16 (16 legs) ,or DIP8 (8 long legs pointing downwards from the chip)
    Attached Files
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      It depends what type of chip you have and the type of clip. If you have an SOIC/SOP8 chip with 8 legs sticking out and you have a SOIC/SOP8 clip then the clip will clasp onto the legs.If your chip is WSON8 a SOP8 clip will not work as there is nothing to grip onto,and the chip itself could be damaged if you try it.
      I doubt the chip you have is SOIC16 (16 legs) ,or DIP8 (8 long legs pointing downwards from the chip)
      Hello SMDFlea, I add picture of the chip on my laptop motherboard. please can you tell me which type is that and which option should I choose?
      and after I use the HPunlocker tool from this website, what happen to the UUID and serial number and other info? will it erase? if so, how can I fix it?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by leezhihao2020; 01-15-2023, 06:46 AM. Reason: forgot to ask

Comment

Use the 25B127DSIG @SOIC8

Comment

Working...
        X