Msi creator m17 no power (MS-17F31 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msi creator m17 no power (MS-17F31 )

He people, ive got this laptop just in and it doesnt have power at all when pressing the power button. power button got 0.68V

Ive done some measurements and the battery gets no power either so i asume the problem is in the beginning of the circuit. ive checked mosfets ( see photo below ) if someone can point me in the direction what to measure or to find what part is broken wud be very appriciated.

Attached Files

Re: Msi creator m17 no power (MS-17F31 )

Alright PU5 gets extremely hot. I dont measure 3volts anywhere. ive checked pin 3-5-13 of PU5 and pin 3 is shorted to ground. this means somewhere is a short in 3v rail ?

Attached Files

Comment

This is the Case which was discussed in ERS discord today, right? You should Update the actual Situation Here to Not let the members Here troubleshoot the Same issue at least two Times.
      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

For PU5 + 3.3V v3 + 5v stb control. 3 pin 3VLDO output, IO supply. Could you detect the warming part.
        Attached Files
        I'm not happy to be so strong. because it's not humanly

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
          This is the Case which was discussed in ERS discord today, right? You should Update the actual Situation Here to Not let the members Here troubleshoot the Same issue at least two Times.
          Hi sephiroth yes this is actually the issue i stated in discord i got my laptop back and the repair guy said its the GPU chip thats shorted. i find this hard to believe tho. but again anything is possible. i wud love to find the problem our self to be sure about it. the repair guy seemed a bit dodgy hehe.
          Last edited by Pfudaniel; 05-27-2021, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sametbey View Post
            For PU5 + 3.3V v3 + 5v stb control. 3 pin 3VLDO output, IO supply. Could you detect the warming part.
            Pu5 is the chip that gets hot. this was as far as i cud get its pin 3 from the PU5 chip thats shorted. so to my knowledge its the 3V rail

Comment

Hi, tell me, did you manage to solve the problem?
              I have the same situation.

Comment

Did someone have the laptop schematic? i need to identify this component.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lGk...ew?usp=sharing
                Last edited by giovanni4ever; 10-12-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

And you can take a photo of a larger area, otherwise I can't find the u44 part.
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-17-2021, 02:44 AM. Reason: English

Comment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18DS...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by giovanni4ever View Post
                      Schematic requests go here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        Unfortunately, this motherboard is new, and the chances of finding it are extremely low.
                        In addition, they are already looking for her https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...F31#post994831
                        Thanks.
                        Last edited by Astabosco; 10-20-2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Astabosco View Post
                          Dear Super moderator, please tell me, on which page on this link is this scheme (MS-17F31)?
                          I looked all over the Internet and did not find the circuit on this motherboard !!!
                          Thanks.
                          The link is to the "Schematic Requests ONLY!" sub-forum ,not the schematic. If you want the schematic post your request there,its not available yet but when it is someone might post it.The MS-17F21 schematic might help, its available on some paid sites. Motherboard picture https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002933259271.html
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-20-2021, 01:25 PM.
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks. I already saw it, just at this seller.
                            The markings of the main components are similar, but the rest are not very similar.
                            Last edited by Astabosco; 10-20-2021, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Astabosco View Post
                              Схема ms-17f21 у меня есть, но хотелось бы более точную.

I have a schematic of ms-17f21, but I would like a more accurate
                              Post in english please. It would be appreciated if you would post that schematic in this thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1078852

Comment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lGk...ew?usp=sharing
                                The google drive links aren`t working. Post working links or post your pictures here on badcaps .

Comment

Originally posted by smdflea View Post
                                  the google drive links aren`t working. Post working links or post your pictures here on badcaps .

Attached Files

Comment

My guess is that U44 is a USB load switch.

Check the part nears the NEXT USB connector. Are one of them with the same markings ?

Post a close up clear pic of U49, U50, U51. Each USB connector often has a local USB load switch to act like a solid state fuse and to offer in-rush current protection of the USB Vbus rail.

Does USB connector with the USB_2 silk screen work ? Suspecting that U44 is the load switch for connector USB_2.

If you insert a USB mouse into USB_2 port - does it work ?

Update - found the boardview file for this logic board.

See attached. My hound dog sense appears to be on the right track.

It is some USB current limit switch but appears to be mated to Vbus on 2 * USB connectors. Will keep searching...

Update #2 - the AP2822KE (KE package is required) could work here.

It is possible that there are other vendors with the same footprint for their power switches (SOT-23-5).

Based on the burn mark on U44 - do either of the USB ports mated with this part function ?

What is the voltage on pin # 4 of U44 ? This is the ENABLE pin for this power (load) switch.

For a proper replacement, we must replace with the same ENABLE polarity. That is, need to know if it is an

ACTIVE HIGH enable (ie. when pin # 4 = HIGH, the load switch is ON to power the Vbus of the USB connector)

or

ACTIVE LOW enable

After this detail, then can determine a valid part for this component.

Q71 & Q68 appear to be open-drain AND 'gates' to drive this load switch. The local pull-up for the open drain driver is resistor R427. If either of the mosfets are ON, the load switch will most likely turn OFF due to a logic LOW on pin # 4. Respectively, if there is NO FAULT, then the pull-up @ R427 will keep the load switch ON. This is assuming that the load is ACTIVE HIGH style.

I think AP2822CKETR-G1 can work here but confirm the voltage on pin # 4 which should be +3v3 to ENABLE this switch. You may have to remove U44 off the board to measure the proper voltage.

The AP2822CKETR-G1 is currently in stock @ Digikey. The footprint appears to be the same.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by mon2; 10-21-2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

See attached. MPS may be the vendor for U44 as the attached datasheet is a valid component but is for 500mA use for the Vbus current.

This part is marked with "6G" on the topside.

The USB 3.0 Vbus should offer support @ 900mA per port. Since only one load switch is being used for 2 * USB 3.0 ports, recommend to consider a 1-2A load switch. Either way, these parts should be able to get this logic board operational if the above logic agrees with your voltages.

Q71 was not stuffed on your logic board? It is to the left of the U44 device.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

On my board, this component is listed as: 5AG1D,
                                        U42, U48 have the same markings.
                                        Indeed, they are located near the USB ports
                                        Last edited by Astabosco; 10-22-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X