Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acer Aspire 5750G - all USB port not working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire 5750G - all USB port not working...

One day I tested a separate external HDD with external power supply on a USB port. At that moment the laptop stopped. I pulled the external HDD and started the laptop again. Everything was ok just that, no USB port was working anymore. I have measured and I have 5V ports all but none works. I reflowed the BD82HM65. In vain. Please a little help. I have the scheme. Thanks in advance.

Re: Acer Aspire 5750G - all USB port not working...

You shouldn't reflow a PCH for that kind of reason, it'll not fix it and it may kill it.
    No USB port working at all? No USB 2.0, no USB 3.0, not even the internal ones (for webcam and bluetooth for example)?
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

After reflow nothing changed. Everything work fine except all USB ports. Internal and the other two on the ribbon cable on the right.... I Have IR station from 6 years. I know to work with it... But as I said above, I have 5V on each port... Strange, very strange...

Comment

So the webcam work then? It is on the USB bus too. It might still be an issue inside the PCH, but if you've got the webcam working, you can take the USB data lines from there and connect a hub.

Comment

I'l check today because in the meantime I disassemble the laptop, but today, I put a HDD back and test and post back here.

Comment

Shuc, it could be something as simple as corrupted USB drivers, i assume you are using a Windows O/S, if so go to Device Manager, Scroll down to 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers', right click on every entry and select 'Uninstall', ignore any option to reboot until all entries are removed, reboot and Windows will reinstall the drivers again, hopefully sorting your problem, on some occasions USB 3 drivers may need the drivers to be installed manually, these should have come with your Motherboard/PC when purchased, if not they can be easily downloaded from the manufacturers website. Please update us on your progress, tanx

Comment

Well, I hope anyone would've tried on Linux to see if it is a Windows issue first before reflowing a PCH. :/
              Also a bootable USB key can be tried too. Make sure you have an UEFI-ready one for recent computers though.

Comment

This is the problem. So I'm starting with the F12 stick and installing windows, linux, rescue disk, whatever ... I'm running ubuntu 16.04 and I'm using boot-repair ... Now, whatever the memory stick, the laptop does not see it at boot ... (In any usb of the existing 3). I also made BIOS update from windows - everything went normal. No USB goes ... I would try a reball at PCH because I think it's the hardware issue.
                Last edited by shuc; 05-15-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X