Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP no power (chip level) help!!

Hello,

my laptop hp-cq41 has stopped working recently so i've try alot of solution but it seems like not to work...

symptoms : - split second light
    - no power

i have attached some image that might help to find the problem

on number 1 box, on s0 state, it is quite hot but other component like cpu, gpu and bridge seems not working

on number 5 box, there is some voltage drop at the output pin... from 3v to some 1v-ish

Any solution is welcomed

TY for your time... help me find the problem
    Attached Files

Re: HP no power (chip level) help!!

Hello
    i send you the schematic
    Attached Files

Comment

hi bro,
      is your motherboard ground with PL (coils) measure short circuit ? check it.

Comment

So using the supplied info from mielta I would check and verify the modifications are correct and up to date. On the modifications I would be looking with what is failing. So too verify: in the So State you have all the voltages on page 3?

Comment

Thanks @mielta.. but i don't quite know how to use the schematic... Because this is my first time attempting fix at chip level

@dreamer_x_x the coil near the overheating chip is around 1600++ ohm.. so i assume no short.. thanks

Comment

@keeney i couldn't tell which is B+ or anything because in the schematic, there is no guide like the pq102 or pu etc... Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=atiqfajar;705966]@keeney i couldn't tell which is B+ or anything because in the schematic, there is no guide like the pq102 or pu etc... Thanks[/QUOTE

Yes there is on page 43. Once you save the PDF schematics go to edit. Click on edit. Look down to the word find. Click on find. Now a pop up on the right side will appear. Put in pq102. Then press the button enter.

Now if you want to find B+ do same above procedure but insert the B+ where you but the pq102. It will find B+ and when you press enter again it will find the next B+ on the schematics and so on. This works with most schematics however it is dependant on who made the PDF.
              Last edited by keeney123; 11-29-2016, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Sorry for late reply, the PU301 is overheating and the voltage reads at each pin at s0(off) are :

(v)
                1 1.2
                2 no reading (0.019)
                3 2.1
                4 2.1
                5 0.3
                6 1.1
                7 3.5
                8 3.5
                9 8.5
                10 3.3
                11 3.3