Acer Aspire V5-531, cannot power on most of the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire V5-531, cannot power on most of the time

So yesterday my brother's laptop apparently broke.

It does not react to power button. I have disassembled it and measured that the power plug / cable is fine as well as charger of course.

The laptop can be powered on by repeatedly connecting and disconnecting charger, occasionally it will power on automatically but without picture. Power button led and charge / power leds are flashing. The laptop cannot be powered off by pressing power button, it does not react to it. The laptop can draw power from charger and battery once it has been powered on.

Something related to power is obviously broken from the motherboard? I have multimeter and sharp soldering iron so I could theoretically replace some parts from the mobo, maybe not the smallest ones. The thing is I don't know where to and how to start diagnosing possible failure.

Re: Acer Aspire V5-531, cannot power on most of the time

Maybe you can start with flash the bios to see what it does.
    The Night Drop Down, I Will Keep Try Until..., You Never know.
    Dushi Kòrsou, Nos Tei.

Comment

The laptop does not power on always when I plug the power cord, it takes several connect / disconnect cycles and sometimes it does power on, but even when it does, there is no picture. Only blinking lights.

Comment

Acer V5 - series

espero que te sirve nos vemos
        Attached Files

Comment

I tried the reflow trick, put the whole board in oven. After that the laptop has worked without any issues. I know this is far from professional fix, but the issue was apparently bad solder joints somewhere.

Comment

goooooooodwork

Comment

very bad fix. come back when it start doing the same

Comment

Working...
              X