Samsung NP3530EC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung NP3530EC

Hi, I hope someone can help with my problem. I have replaced a DC jack on a Samsung NP3530EC, something I have done a few times on this model alone. This time however the laptop wouldn't turn on or charge, its at this point I noted two very tiny components burned out close to the jack. When I touched them with tweezers they just fell off the board! I have quite a few faulty motherboards from various laptops hanging around that could be used to donor components, however I would really like to know what the components were and if replacement is possible.

Picture attached.

PS I am reasonable with a soldering iron.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung NP3530EC

Hi, could anyone please offer any advice to what components were that burnt out. I have attached a picture of the same model of board without damage if that may help with identification.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi. I will check later if I have the same board at hand. They look like capacitors.

Regards
      Last edited by DSpawnZ; 09-17-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

ths components are , coils , you can make a bypass between to sides , or simple put another coil .

Comment

but you must remove both you got here in this moments , since they are not good . remove from another board or simply make a bridge between to sides ... you will have outher circuit protection further along the 19volts rails , so dont worry to much if you dont find the coil itself to replace .

Comment

Thank you so very much for your advice. it is appreciated. Thanks to you all.

Comment

it is capacitors. coils are big near. u dont need it.

Comment

ktm now , does 2 right side of the dc jack are coils , small coils
                they look like capacitors but they aren't

Comment

my bad i didnt notice first picture , the broken ones , are capacitor , just remove then t usually does 2 coils right near does capacitor , usually also get damaged . so you must have 19 volts on both sides of does coils . if they dont have voltage (this are the ones i mention you can bridge ) the small ones you CAN?T bridge them or else you short 19 volts line to gnd |

Comment

Thanks for all the help. This is what i did, i found a replacement for the small component on the left and soldered it on and the same for the other, however i then ended up with the positive and negative showing contnuity and nothing working, anyway quite by accident really with a little bit of a clumbsy hand with the soldering iron i knocked off the component to the right and despite there been nothing bridging the gap i now have a fully functional motherboard that charges and now boots normaly. ??? Any ideas why.

Comment

Must have been a shorted capacitor. Often the system works ok without replacing them, because the are only there minimize interference etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X