Help identify part on a HP Pavilion 27-d0010nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identify part on a HP Pavilion 27-d0010nd

I am working on a HP Pavilion 27-d0010nd that has dark screen. It appears that the backlight is not working.
    Now i discovered that the backlight circuit is on the scalar board and has a burnt mosfet. (caused by a ceramic capacitor short).

If anybody can help me identify the partnumber it would be a very great help.

The board number is:

L76838-001
    L99794-001
    BigBen Scalar board.

Click image for larger version  Name:	uhd-scalar-board-aio-hp-27.jpg Views:	132 Size:	244.5 KB ID:	3253797

Can you share the topside markings of this mosfet? If hard to read, pour some alcohol on the top surface and review the markings at an angle and a bright white light.

Comment

I wish i could. The mosfet was burned totally. It even was welded to the copper.
      The picture is one i found on the internet but is not readable.

I was hoping someone has the same model HP or maybe the module to check for me.

This is the original module:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4157.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	3253906
      Attached Files

Comment

Ouch. The 2 burnt looking ceramic caps should be replaced. What are the topside markings of the chip @ U68000?

Flux and do your best to remove this burnt mosfet so we can review the bottom side solder pads on the PCB. Be careful to not peel off the PCB traces which may occur due to the high heat in this region during the meltdown / fire. Then need to determine the size of this component. The nearby IC may offer clues on whether this part was a N-channel or P-channel type.

Comment

The markings are not readable anymore. I trried this with alcohol and even under the microscope. The burnt part could not be removed without damaging the trace. I had this problem sometimes with the first usb-c macbooks. When using a damaged cable the mosfet gets so hot, the solder turns into a welded connection. But i can repair the trace, that is not the problem.

The ceramic capacitors (2pcs) are replaced allready and the short is gone.

I am still hoping that somebody has the module and can help me with the type of the mosfet.
          Thanks for your respond!

Comment

Markings of U68000 ic?

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
              Markings of U68000 ic?
              No markings anymore, that is exactly my problem.

Comment

Working...
              X