Asus a15 FA507RE-A15.R73050T failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus a15 FA507RE-A15.R73050T failure

So this laptop seems to have some kind of failure. I bought it second hand and originally the previous owner said that they went to turn it on and it was presented with a quick flash of the power light the keyboard lit up and then the keyboard shut off and the power light went off as well but the battery indicator was white and after about 5 to 7 Seconds flashes orange really quick then shuts off and goes back to White. If the power button is pressed again the keyboard lights up really quick and then repeats. When I got it I could press the power button multiple times the keyboard light would stay on and I would start to get heat from the CPU and GPU but I would have to keep pressing the power button. This all changed when I tried to reset CMOS by pulling the battery and power adapter and shorting the positive and negative on the battery connector for 30 seconds. Now when I plug in the laptop power supply, I'm presented with a white solid light for the battery indicator and after 7 Seconds it flashes orange. Then light goes out and then flashes back to White over and over. Pressing the power button turns on the power light for a one second and then shuts right back off no more keyboard backlight like I had before. If I constantly press the power button I will be presented with a power light and a battery light and the hard drive lights and then the airplane mode light would all light up in sequence and Flash then shut right back off as soon as I stop pressing. I'm wondering if I have a CMOS failure. I have tried disconnecting all peripherals off the main board and replacing Ram which had no effect . Has anyone seen this kind of action before?
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

I'm starting to think it's bricked bios now. I pulled bios ic from board and I'm getting 1.8v briefly to vcc. Any ideas?

Comment

Well it's not the Bios. I reflashed it and verified the chip. Something else is wrong. Also the battery will not charge either. I have a floating 8.5vdc at the battery connector with the battery removed. With the battery connected, the charging indicator light stays white for 10 seconds then briefly flashes orange. At that time while the indicator is white, no voltage is at the battery terminal. When it turns orange there is a quick blip of voltage.
      Last edited by freakaftr8; 04-01-2024, 12:02 AM.

Comment

hi we have same board but diffrent issue. try to check if there is heat on cpu and gpu, also look if the fan spinning, if this happen possible bios issue.

Comment

Originally posted by guyandpit View Post
          hi we have same board but diffrent issue. try to check if there is heat on cpu and gpu, also look if the fan spinning, if this happen possible bios issue.
          Hi and thank you for your replay. Sadly this is not the case. Sometimes very rarely the board will come to the CPU getting warm and GPU too the keyboard starts to light up. However I cannot get to this point now. Just shuts down as soon as power button is pressed. CPU never gets warm now. I do find some capacitors around the CPU that have.012 ohms. And some VCORE reads .0012 as well However I have 19v, 3.3 1.8 and all other voltage too.

Comment

Working...
          X