Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DELL Alienware 17 R3 (LA-C912P) only work with 120w charger in mode low CPU clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELL Alienware 17 R3 (LA-C912P) only work with 120w charger in mode low CPU clock

Hello, I received this laptop with the following condition: When I turn it on, it shows the ALIENWARE light and the Alien button lights up, then it does not show an image and it restarts constantly, as the customer had already informed me that the battery was dead, I connected an original charger that I had it for testing, the machine turned on normally and I was able to enter Windows without problems, after a while of testing I noticed that it is very slow (like a Cyrix 425...), and after performing a CPU test the frequency is
    below normal, as if it were operating in an extreme energy saving mode, when I compare the power of the charger with the power required by the equipment I realize that it used a 120w charger (this equipment uses 180w/240w according to the version), so I asked a friend colleague for a 180w charger and the same problem at the beginning occurs, at this point I took the client's charger to my friend so he could test it on his computer and it works perfectly, by pure chance he connected a charger of lower power and notice that it works in this strange condition, 1 day ago I received a new battery and with any of the adapters (120w or 180w) it charges it perfectly, but while it is connected it is impossible for the equipment to start, it is as if with the maximum current the startup will be protected, I have to unconnect the new battery and use the 120w adapter if I want to have an image, any idea where to start? I rule out that it is an ID issue (the BIOS perfectly recognizes the 120w charger), Furthermore, with the battery charged and without the adapter connected, the problem persists. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: DELL Alienware 17 R3 (LA-C912P) only work with 120w charger in mode low CPU clock

Battery is charging you said. Dell is ver picky abouth it charger does it has the recommend charger because 120w or 180w for a gaming laptop looks strange for me. Mine dell g17 has 240w charger. If dell got not the right charger it powers up but throttle

Regards

Comment

Re: DELL Alienware 17 R3 (LA-C912P) only work with 120w charger in mode low CPU clock

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
      Battery is charging you said. Dell is ver picky abouth it charger does it has the recommend charger because 120w or 180w for a gaming laptop looks strange for me. Mine dell g17 has 240w charger. If dell got not the right charger it powers up but throttle

Regards
      Hi.This equipment works with a 180w or 240w adapter as I explained before, I accidentally placed a 120w one, verifying that the equipment turns on (in very slow mode), but not with a 180w charger or with a charged battery (it must be disconnected and with a 120w adapter to do so), some issue with current consumption i think.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X