Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convert MSI Stealth GS65 into a P65 9SE Creator ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert MSI Stealth GS65 into a P65 9SE Creator ?

I have a question about converting a MSI mainboard from one model to the another, these models are using the identical mainboards.

I like to convert the GS65 Stealth board to a P65 9SE Creator.

Both models have mainboard: MS-16Q41 Ver. 1.0
    The only difference I can see at the moment is the that the GS65 has no connector and a missing transistor for the keyboard lights.

1. Would it be enough to swap BIOS
    2. Would the EC firmware be the same for both boards

Does someone has experience with this?
    Regards, Geert

Re: Convert MSI Stealth GS65 into a P65 9SE Creator ?

For those who wants to know, it does work !

I changed the BIOS and now it's a MSI P65 9SE Creator instead of a GS65 Stealth.
    Regards, Geert

Comment

did you change keyboard from non backlit to backlit or did it have backlit keyboard but no backlight power connector?, i would like to do this also msi gp62 laptop but change red backlit keyboard to rgb keyboard but i am not sure is rgb ec controlled or is there some chip in keyboard or what

Comment

Originally posted by swammyw View Post
        did you change keyboard from non backlit to backlit or did it have backlit keyboard but no backlight power connector?, i would like to do this also msi gp62 laptop but change red backlit keyboard to rgb keyboard but i am not sure is rgb ec controlled or is there some chip in keyboard or what
        It had no backlight power connector and also a missing transistor.
        I just transplant the missing connector and transistor but it did not work.
        Regards, Geert

Comment

Now I'm facing another problem.
          I need to flash the P65 9SE "EC firmware" to the GS65 9SE mainboard EC chip but the software complains.

So I need to change the headers of the EC firmware file but don't know how to do.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1686774006

If there is someone who can tell me how this works please let me know.
          Attached Files
          Regards, Geert

Comment

Working...
          X