Lenovo M920x EQ370 NM-B551 IQ3X0IL Type 10S2 bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo M920x EQ370 NM-B551 IQ3X0IL Type 10S2 bios

Hello, I have a Lenovo M920x EQ370 NM-B551 IQ3X0IL Type 10S2 Model S04E00. Turns on but does not give video, this is the bios backup.
    Can someone help me, thanks.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by gintarasmo View Post
    Hello, I have a Lenovo M920x EQ370 NM-B551 IQ3X0IL Type 10S2 Model S04E00. Turns on but does not give video, this is the bios backup.
    Can someone help me, thanks.
    Add serial number to article.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

S/N : PC13FRFG
      Thanks

Comment

S/N : PC13FRFG
        Thanks
        you have to read both chipsets
        Attached Files
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        all donations are welcome,
        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
        >>>>>
        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yes, please
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, please
            try
            Attached Files
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            >>>>>

Comment

Thank you very much. Works well. There is another computer with the same problem. Rewriting the bios helped, but the serial numbers remained the same. Could you advise how to change them?

Comment

Thank you very much. Works well. There is another computer with the same problem. Rewriting the bios helped, but the serial numbers remained the same. Could you advise how to change them?
                search for "DmiVar" in 16mb file and replace it. It should be in more places. And there are another DMI to transfer, like machine type, win key, etc. But I don't advise to use bioses from another board. Post dumps from 2nd PC and i'll help you.
                >>>>>

Comment

Would it be difficult for me to fix the bios file myself?

Comment

Would it be difficult for me to fix the bios file myself?
                    you have to merge bios files, 8mb and 16mb then use FIT to clean ME. To find out what ME firmware and what version of FIT you need, use MEAnalyzer.
                    >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post

you have to merge bios files, 8mb and 16mb then use FIT to clean ME. To find out what ME firmware and what version of FIT you need, use MEAnalyzer.
                      I won't do it myself. Could you fix the bios files for the 9 computers? This could be a paid service.

Comment

I won't do it myself. Could you fix the bios files for the 9 computers? This could be a paid service.
                        no need to pay, is a free service provided by technicians who are willing to help. Try this files, there are extracted from bios update and it will ask at 1st boot to write service tag.
                        Attached Files
                        >>>>>

Comment

no need to pay, is a free service provided by technicians who are willing to help. Try this files, there are extracted from bios update and it will ask at 1st boot to write service tag.
                          Thanks, I'll try tomorrow

Comment

With these bios files the computer does not turn on at all

Comment

With these bios files the computer does not turn on at all
                              it was made for 1st machine, maybe the PC you try them is another type. And check soldering if it's the same type (model). It should restart several times without image, let it run for 2-3 minutes.
                              >>>>>

Comment

it was made for 1st machine, maybe the PC you try them is another type. And check soldering if it's the same type (model). It should restart several times without image, let it run for 2-3 minutes.
                                The PC is the same type, it works with bios dump you sent in post #6 only serial numbers are the same.

Comment

The PC is the same type, it works with bios dump you sent in post #6 only serial numbers are the same.
                                  open working 16mb file with hex editor (HxD) and search for text "DmiVar". Do the same with broken 16mb file and replace in working file DMI from broken file. Serial no. is in many places, you'll find it as PC13FRFG or P C 1 3 F R F G. Search also for text "NVAR5", SN is in that place too. Also win key you have to transfer it , search for text "NVAR;" or hex "5641523B"
                                  Attached Files
                                  >>>>>

Comment

open working 16mb file with hex editor (HxD) and search for text "DmiVar". Do the same with broken 16mb file and replace in working file DMI from broken file. Serial no. is in many places, you'll find it as PC13FRFG or P C 1 3 F R F G. Search also for text "NVAR5", SN is in that place too. Also win key you have to transfer it , search for text "NVAR;" or hex "5641523B"
                                    It might be easier to change the serial and model using the bios installer, just change the win key with the hex editor.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/t...m1ujy77usa.txt

6. You will see the prompt "Would you like to update the Serial
                                    Number?". Input "n" and press Enter.

7. Then you will see the prompt "Would you like to update the
                                    Machine Type and Model?". Input "n" and press Enter again.
                                    Then the BIOS update process will start.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/t...m1ujy77usa.exe
                                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

If there`s any problems with the MAC address as well i made a TinyHexer script to copy the Gbe area from the old 16MB bios to the new 16MB bios
                                      Attached Files
                                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                        If there`s any problems with the MAC address as well i made a TinyHexer script to copy the Gbe area from the old 16MB bios to the new 16MB bios
                                        yep, it's faster your way.
                                        >>>>>

Comment

Working...
                                        X