Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bios password removal on a Unowhy dump

Hi Everyone,

I'm facing a problem with a locked bios with a password and i can't find how to remove it...

The small computer is only booting on a M2 ssd Windows partition and i get a "signed partition error" if i try to boot on the same SSD with another Os (linux for example).

the Computer is a Unowhy small pc
    N° UYM6524702229

After failling trying to boot on other "none Windows" partition, i wanted to try to remove the bios password.

My first attempt was to get the bios dump from windows with AFUWinx64. After editing the hex file, i removed the "password" parts of this dump but i got an error when i tried to burn the modified bios (write protection?).

I then tried to do more "hardware"... i found on the motherboard two chips:
    -1- Winbond 25Q16JVNJQ
    -2- Winbond 25Q80DVNJG

From what i found on internet, the bios chip with the password should be the second one (25Q80).

I desolder this chip, and i did a dump of it with my chip reader.

I opened this last dump, but i can't find the same part where password should be stored....

Can someone help me? is it the good chip?

I attached the dump of the 25Q80, if someone can help me if it's the good one or do i have to check the other 25Q16 chip?

Many thanks

Buzzfuzz

Re: Bios password removal on a Unowhy dump

attached dump got with desoldering
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzfuzz2k View Post
      attached dump got with desoldering
      not good read ,or bad eeprom
      the solution must be this

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...8&postcount=10

Comment

Hi,
        Thanks for the answer, but the post is about the laptop, my computer is not laptop, so i'm not sure if it's applicable.

I did 4 reads, and i got all the same file, so read is ok, but maybe eeprom is not...

do you confirm that i should get the same dump from windows software and eprom reader?

thanks

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks for the answer, but the post is about the laptop, my computer is not laptop, so i'm not sure if it's applicable.
          RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103569

Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 )

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Sorry, I gave the serial number not the model

this is what i got:

SN: UYM6524702229
            Art: T309475

I also get a UYM184E70E15

please find attached the sticker on it
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
              Can you post some pictures of this laptop/PC/tablet or whatever it is .
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

of course, here are some
                Attached Files

Comment

of course, here are some
                  Your bios chipset is marked with red square, dump that chipset.
                  Attached Files
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                  all donations are welcome,
                  see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                  >>>>>
                  click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                  Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

man... i'm impressed ! you find this so quick with just a simple picture!
                    I have unsolder the chip, i now have to find how to use it in my reader...

I'll be back if needed!

thanks

Comment

Some news...
                      I managed to read the eeprom. Reader recognise well the chip, read it but I only have an empty file.... I did 3 tries, same empty file ...

Are you sure it's the good chip?

Thanks for the help

Comment

Here are often better pictures
                        Attached Files

Comment

Some news...
                          I managed to read the eeprom. Reader recognise well the chip, read it but I only have an empty file.... I did 3 tries, same empty file ...
                          Are you sure it's the good chip?
                          Thanks for the help
                          What model is your bios programmer, you`re not using a sop8 clip with it are you ?

Comment

It's my barlino 2 bx32p
                            Attached Files

Comment

I managed to read the chip ... Programmer reconized the chip as

W25Q256 FV
                              W25Q256 JW
                              W25Q256 JV

It's written on the chip "JV" but when i read, file is empty. If i select "FV" or " JW" i get the same file, the good one.

I have modified it but when i try tu burn again the chip, i have an error with all the 3 chips selection

error is "Time uor error at adress 0/0h" when sotware is trying to erase the chip...

May be i should try with another software? What do you propose as software to read and write the chip?

thanks

Comment

Could be the adapter thats the problem,the batronix ones are QFN to DIP8 but what are the extra pins for ,just for support ?

https://www.batronix.com/shop/adapter/wson-adapter.html
                                https://www.batronix.com/images/gene...-White-min.jpg

Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-16-2023, 02:44 AM.

Comment

the problem is going to be poor connection because your putting what looks like an soic package into a chinese (xgecu?) WSON adaptor

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                    the problem is going to be poor connection because your putting what looks like an soic package into a chinese (xgecu?) WSON adaptor
                                    The chip is WSON

Comment

Thanks for the help!

My adapter is a chinese one, i could find a better one at a decent price.
                                      I have tested the pins, All 8 seems ok.

I'll try to find a better one, but i'm not sure it will be better.

Do you have another software to propose to see if i have better luck download and burn this chip with my batronix?

Also, do you have a software that could help me crack the password from the dump?

Many thanks !
                                      Attached Files

Comment

any ideas? I'm quite stuck

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                        X