Sharp TFT-LCD Model No. LQ050Q5DR01 gray screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp TFT-LCD Model No. LQ050Q5DR01 gray screen

I have a older eddy current tester made by Olympus that uses interchangeable TFT-LCD screens. I have two devices that each take the same removable screens. One is an Olympus NORTEC 200D+ and the other is an Olympus SONIC 1200M EMI. I have searched the internet high and low for service manuals for these units with no luck. Both these units were used extensively by the US military for NDT on airplanes. The detachable screen plugs into the base unit via a weird non standard VGA connector. Buttons on the removable display are used to power the units on. When the power button is pressed the unit makes a fait beep, two red lights illuminate below the display and the LCD screen turns a light gray/ white color. The attached LCD data sheet reads on page 6 "Note 6-3 Maximum current situation: Vertical stripe pattern alternating 21 gray scale (GS21) with 42 gray scale (GS42) every dot." I have no idea if this has anything to do with gray screen.
    Things that I have tried so far include:

1. Disassemble and inspect all internal plugs and connections. Reinstall on plugs and connections ensuring that all connections are well seated.

2. While I was measuring voltages on inverter board I accidently shorted it. When it was shorted the LCD panel gray color dimmed. When I switched inverter boards with the other unit I could get the screen to come back on to the light gray color. I ordered two new
    RD-P-0638 SIPF-200A LCD Inverter boards from Aliexpress.

3. I am thinking that this may be a problem with the t-con board associated with the LCD. I have included pictures of the board. At first I thought that it was strange that both screens were doing the same thing on both machines. I bought both screens used recently for very cheep on E-Bay and I could tell that the screens had been opened before. I am thinking that someone already knew that the LCD's were bad. I have a new T-CON board on order. I hoping that this fixes the problem.

4. I can get a replacement NOS screen for $210 dollars on E-Bay if I can prove to myself that this is the problem. Unit replacement cost is very high and spending money to fix what I have is worth it.

Can someone who knows more then me please take a look at the attached datasheet? Thank you folks for your help.

Joseph Shepherd
    Attached Files
Working...
X