X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Planar PL1700M-BK

Originally posted by De3rcr View Post
    I think it's the 0.05 pin(am I right)?
    Yes, that would be my guess as well since it changed to 5V DC and back down to 0V when standby is enabled.

Now that you have a working logic card you can do some comparison measurements.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
      You are making an unwarranted assumption. Many designs only send 5V to the signal card; the 12V is used only by the inverter. Looking at the circuit board, it doesn't appear that 12V goes to the connector.

PlainBill
      Beat me to it. Where the inverter is on the main PSU board and not a separate one, I wouldn't normally expect to see the 12v/18v/24v/whatever inverter rail go to the logic board.
      Friends don't let friends buy Samsung ....

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
        You are making an unwarranted assumption. Many designs only send 5V to the signal card; the 12V is used only by the inverter.
        I missed the part where he said those are logic board voltages. When you told him to disconnect everything and measure voltages again, i thought he was measuring the power supply.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

I traced the power supply 0.07v to what I think is the eprom and also traced the power switch 3.53v to the same chip and when I press the switch the 0.07v on the chip doesn't change. So I think that chip is either bad or corrupt.
          Attached Files

Comment

So I think that chip is either bad or corrupt.
            I haven't fully thought through the ramifications of this suggestion, so buyer beware. A fire extinguisher may be in order.

What if you jumpered the pin (at the connector) so that it gets 5V DC all the time? This would mean the monitor would never be turned off unless you hit the switch on the power bar or unplug it.

Or you can just put this Planar into storage and keep as a backup in case your working Planar fails? Or you can use this Planar as parts for future dead lcds?

Again, buyer beware with the hardware jumper suggestion as it may have feedback or other circuit ramifications.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I think I'm just going to keep it for parts, it was free. The power supply works and the voltage regs work and others. I don't want to try your suggestion and like you said and need the fire extinguisher and not have any parts. Also doesn't that chip control other things?

Comment

Also doesn't that chip control other things?
                Probably, but like I said I didn't think it all the way through. Sometimes, my internal brainstorming doesn't work too when I'm fighting a cold.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                X