Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aiwa ad-wx 717 belt measure

Hello
    Could someone tell me what size the drive belt of the aiwa ad-wx717 cassette deck is, I would like to buy it independently in my trusted shop, there is a kit online but I find the price exaggerated, unfortunately the original has practically melted. it is a double plate and the belts are the same, the one of the tachometer has remained intact thanks

Re: Aiwa ad-wx 717 belt measure

I bought from Amazon a belt kit that had about 30 different sizes under 10$ . I found the right one for my Sony player in it.

Comment

Webspareparts is my go-to shop for belts, especially for AIWAs where thickness and overall precision to original sizes is crucial.

Comment

I may add , never stockpile belts , they'll always melt ...

Comment

Originally posted by jons View Post
          Webspareparts is my go-to shop for belts, especially for AIWAs where thickness and overall precision to original sizes is crucial.
          I saw that there is the kit but not the measures

Comment

You can find some sizes in old Marrs Communication catalogues but they often can be misleading, and honestly I don't think that those kit prices are exaggerated.

Originally posted by jiroy View Post
            I may add , never stockpile belts , they'll always melt ...
            And of course this^
            Last edited by jons; 02-25-2023, 05:40 AM.

Comment

You can measure the length of the belt with a string or thread. Just unfasten it at the place where the old belt is attached.
              Divide the result by 3.14(Pi). Then multiply the resulting number x2.

Comment

Originally posted by UNITRAX View Post
                You can measure the length of the belt with a string or thread. Just unfasten it at the place where the old belt is attached.
                Divide the result by 3.14(Pi). Then multiply the resulting number x2.
                the problem is that it is in an awkward position, to have all the thread you are talking about I have to close the mechanism where the motor and its pulley are located, at which point I can no longer even put my hands in it to pass the thread, the mechanism it opens in 2 parts, in one I have two pulleys, in the other there is the motor with another pulley

Comment

the mechanism itself should be similar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Y4qfuUa7k

Comment

Working...
                  X