Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beko fridge compressor clicking

Hello,

our fridge and freezer stopped cooling last weekend, it's a Beko fridge.

looking at the bottom, I can hear the relay clicking on the plug attached to the compressor.

There is also a 3uf capacitor, I'm thinking this is a run capacitor, I tested this with my fluke and and it measured at 1.5uf, so I replaced this (new one tested just over 3uf) so that's where it should be.

I was thinking this was the issue. The compressor seem to run for like a minute then shutoff again.

inside the relay, there is a Klixon 4tm thermistor, on testing the ohms reading is between 1.4ohms and 1.6ohms (see photo attached) does this seem correct? I was expecting to get around 0.2ohms

I have ordered the full relay which includes the thermistor.

First I would use a Megger (isolation test) on the compressor and see if the compressor is fit or not. Could be that it is drawing too much current. Could be that this overload protector is junk too. Looks like something got hot, because of the black goo running ran down?

a motor run capacitor should still work at 50% capacitance, but it was on its way out anyway…

Comment

Btw what is your fluke showing if you just make a short with the 2 probes?

Comment

Working...
      X