Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any Diode Replacement for MPG06J?

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any Diode Replacement for MPG06J?

is there any replacement for MPG06J diode?
    https://www.vishay.com/docs/88682/mpg06.pdf

It is very hard to find this MPG06J diode in my place.
    I think that replacement should have the same ratings with MPG06J, But it is impossible for me to hunt down replacement for MPG06J diode.
    Any reply would be appreciated.
  • Answer selected by chth96 at 03-01-2024, 08:03 AM.

Would something like this work for you

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152693390338

What I can not tell you is if they are fakes or not but you can find them at Dig-key or Mouser Electronics they are listed in the Google search
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 03-01-2024, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Would something like this work for you

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152693390338

What I can not tell you is if they are fakes or not but you can find them at Dig-key or Mouser Electronics they are listed in the Google search
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 03-01-2024, 07:40 AM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Thank you very much for reply!
        I think that I have no choice but to purchase MPG06J from global seller

Comment

You just need a 1A, 600V fast recovery diode. I assume it is being used in a switchmode supply, eg a snubber diode for the chopper?

Comment

The only thing special about the diode is it's glass and automotive qualified. It's medium recovery 0.6usec so a 1N4005 would be too slow.
            1N4937 or MUR160 or UF4005 I would consider using. Not sure what you can get in Indonesia.

Comment

Thank you very much for all reply!
              Infact, This diode is came from PSU of old game console(dreamcast) which have connected to 220v outlet by previous owner and It is not able to turn on.

A few days ago, I replaced bulged capacitor(200v 100uf) with normal cap and replaced another 2a 250v fuse.and I switched on its PSU without any connection.
              But As soon as I switched on, I saw a strong spark near fuse and coil and It blowed fuse once again.
              So I tested four rectifier diodes, which is located in between bulged capacitor and fuse, I found that two rectifier diodes(MPG06J) have been shorted.

It seems that It is possible to purchase UF4005 in my place. and I compared ratings of MPG06J with ratings of UF4005,But its value of I(FSM) and R(θJA),R(θJL) is less than MPG06J.
              Is it Okay value of I(FSM) and R(θJA),R(θJL) is somewhat less than MPG06J?

Comment

It sounds like a regular 1N4005 should do the job. I would replace all 4 of them.

Comment

Is this PSU for 120V or 240V? You can't mix that up. A 200V primary cap is a no-no for 240VAC mains.
                  If the diodes are in the mains bridge rectifier, slow switching 1N4005 is fine.
                  I would use a dim bulb tester to power it up, in case the SMPS IC is shorted. To prevent it from eating fuses and rectifier diodes if there is something else shorted.

Comment

Thank you very much for all reply!
                    This is PSU unit for HKT-3020 dreamcast(AC 120v)
                    below link contains screenshot of this psu.
                    How can I test coil whether it is really broken or not? - Badcaps

This shorted MPG06J diode is located between Big L1 coil and main filter capacitor(bulged 200v 100uf capacitor).

I'm interested in making dim bulb tester which I have never seen in my place.

Is it enough to follow below guide in order to make dim bulb tester?
                    DIm Bulb Tester - Current Limiter : 4 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables

And Is It possible to use any bulb which is higher than 27watt for testing this PSU? (maximum watts for HKT-3020 is 27 watts)
                    And Is it OKAY to connect dim bulb tester to step down transformer? (The standard voltage is 230v in my place So It is necessary to use step down transformer in order to connect US electronic goods)

Comment

Yesterday,I received UF4005 diode from local electronics store and I replace all of four MPG06J diode with this UF4005.
                      I tested this PSU without any connection and I measured each pin of 3.3v,5v,12v and my DMM shows voltage result of 3.32v,5.05v 11.6v and I finally connected this PSU with mainboard and.....It works like a charm!
                      I played some games for three hours,and I confirmed that there is no freezing and no abnomality during gameplay.
                      Thank you again very much for all of reply which play a major role for fixing PSU unit.

Comment

Working...
                      X