Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power-One solar Inverter driving me NUTS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REF3033
    https://www.s-manuals.com/smd/r3

https://allegro.pl/oferta/zrodlo-odniesienia-3-3v-ref3033-r30d-sot-23-4069-12780645910

Last edited by petehall347; 12-01-2023, 01:29 PM.

Comment

something strange happening in my last reply .. second link again here .its just an example and not saying buy from there
      https://allegro.pl/oferta/zrodlo-odn...69-12780645910

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
        the chinese translates to . You must report any pirated pictures. Any problems in pirated stores.
        L O L, I just snapped that picture off the web because it was exactly like my component and a better picture of it

Comment

something strange happening in my last reply .. second link again here .its just an example and not saying buy from there
          https://allegro.pl/oferta/zrodlo-odn...69-12780645910
          No worries Pete, I got it on my shopping list. Thank you again!!

Comment

Is this an SB or S8?
            Attached Files

Comment

• petehall347
              petehall347 commented
              Editing a comment
              looks like a B and google agrees with me .

But this photo looks like 8. Can you send me a link to what you googled please?
            it is SOD-323
            Attached Files

Comment

here but its not reading the text now
              https://lens.google.com/search?ep=cc...VsbCxbW11dXQ==

Comment

Pete, I ordered both anyway one is 50v and the other is 30v. That's the biggest diff I can see.

Mouser order placed. Will arrive Tuesday. Never been so nervous. Lol
                Last edited by mitsu2k; 12-01-2023, 04:07 PM.

Comment

2n might be RLSD32A361C tvs esd protection . might not as well . cant find any pics .

Comment

What is this component? Anyone know? I think it is a zener but it measures 1v. I cannot make sense whether that is a WI or W1
                    Attached Files

Comment

SUCCESS!!! Replaced those burned components and a few more that were shorted on the logic board and this is the result. I want to give a big shout out and THANK YOU to CapLeaker, SAM_SAM_SAM and Petehall347 for all your help and dedication. You guys are absolutely amazing and I could not have done this without you. THANK YOU!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• ssrkh
                        ssrkh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        so sad u didnot mention me

glad you got it fixed .well done .

Comment

I glad you got it fixed
                        So what were all of the bad parts did you have to replace that was either burnt out or bad when tested
                        I am very lazy to go back and read all the posts that were written about this issue with this inverter
                        9 PC LCD Monitor
                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                        1 Dell Mother Board
                        15 Computer Power Supply
                        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

the parts were in the area i suspected earlier on .i have never seen one of these units in front of me so i could only guess the general area like around an mcu. i should have said look for the clock crystal that's there in most cases next to them .would have been good to know what caused the damage whether it being bad design or bad quality parts etc etc . .

Comment

the parts were in the area i suspected earlier on .i have never seen one of these units in front of me so i could only guess the general area like around an mcu. i should have said look for the clock crystal that's there in most cases next to them .would have been good to know what caused the damage whether it being bad design or bad quality parts etc etc . .
                            I was wondering the same thing

9 PC LCD Monitor
                            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                            1 Dell Mother Board
                            15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

They were right next to the crystals. The parts I replaced were:

3 mosfets (SOT-23) One was burned and the other two were shorted.
                              4 shorted diodes (One was burned) (SOD-323)
                              3 zener diodes (should have been SOD-323 but I used through hole wire leads instead)

I had trouble with the zener diodes trying to figure out the marking whether it was "WI" or "W1". neither of these made any sense because my research showed the WI is 12v and W1 is 2.7v but when I found some good ones on the board and tested them, they measured 3.4v and 3.7v. So I had some 3.6v through hole zeners so I just bent the leads and soldered them to the pads. Looks like it did the trick.
                              Last edited by mitsu2k; 12-05-2023, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Yes Pete you kept asking for the model of the controller. I should have paid more attention but honestly that board intimidated me and I was too lazy to scrape off all the silicone they coated the board with. I should have listened to you earlier but I had tunnel vision and did not think the problem was on that board. Obviously I was wrong and I learned a lot from you and the other gentlemen. Next time I need to keep an open mind, get over my fear, and be more thorough with visual inspection.

Comment

Here are some photos. One is before removal of the components and the other is after I removed them and cleaned up the pads.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by mitsu2k; 12-06-2023, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitsu2k View Post
                                    They were right next to the crystals. The parts I replaced were:

3 mosfets (SOT-23) One was burned and the other two were shorted.
                                    4 shorted diodes (One was burned) (SOD-323)
                                    3 zener diodes (should have been SOD-323 but I used through hole wire leads instead)

That is a lot that went wrong with this inverter wow

9 PC LCD Monitor
                                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                    1 Dell Mother Board
                                    15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post

That is a lot that went wrong with this inverter wow
                                      Yes the two burned components (one diode & one mosfet) were open. The rest of the components in the other side were shorted). I suspect something shorted and went down the line and fried everything else. It ran all day yesterday with no problems and still running good now.

Comment

Working...
                                      X