Bright leds LG tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bright leds LG tv

Hi all having a problem after fixing some led strips with new leds and putting the diffusers back on when reassembling the tv they can be seen through the screen.Is there anyway of getting around this?,i think its because of the tape i use to stick the led strips back on being so thick therefore bringing the leds closer to the screen?

Re: Bright leds LG tv

the first reflection plate ( the hard one) its wrong . if its Direct LED then the smooth surface should be on the top. id its edge LED then look on the plate at end of the side opposite to LED side it should be covered with white type.

Comment

Im sure i put the sheets back in the right order,its only the leds that i have stuck the reflectors back on that i can see through the screen?.The original leds that i did not glue the reflectors back on to cannot be seen...

Comment

is the phosphor area of your replacement leds (yellow stuff) round or square?
        i found that the ones with a square dont spread into the tir lens correctly and you get hotspots.

Comment

picture please.

have you placed double sided tape across entire sections of led strips, and how many sections?
          WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

have you got a link for the replacements leds you have used and yes pictures of the led strips used in your tv so we can see and advise you better

Comment

When you attached the lenses back, you didn't properly center them over the LEDs. This is a hard lesson that I also had to learn. Now, I use 5 minute epoxy for glue, and viewing from directly above, center the lenses until I can see the LED clearly underneath. When you tear back down to the backlights, look at the bad versus the good LEDs to see what I mean

Comment

Originally posted by slk001 View Post
                when you attached the lenses back, you didn't properly center them over the leds. This is a hard lesson that i also had to learn. Now, i use 5 minute epoxy for glue, and viewing from directly above, center the lenses until i can see the led clearly underneath. When you tear back down to the backlights, look at the bad versus the good leds to see what i mean
                +1

Comment

What tape do people use to fix the strips back to the television,btw thanks for everybodys input.

Comment

double sided tape on the 3 strips that i have problems with,the strip that i did not remove you cannot see the leds through the screen..

Comment

still waiting for that pic.

wanting to see if it looks like a spacing issue or an alignment of the lenses.
                      WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

this is what the lens are like,the tv is assembled atm i will be taking it apart again next week prob,thanks.Ive ordered some different double sided tape that is ultra thin im going to try that when i take it apart,i still think its the thickness of the tape i was using..
                        Attached Files

Comment

its going to be the lens not being seated properly
                          best to use a glue epoxy that lets you move it around
                          and do while you have power to the leds and that way u can put the diffuser down to check alignment.

Comment

That lens are more hard to fix on right position.
                            I found in my contry online shop who sell some pen with gel adhesive with UV cure.
                            Put some gel on support pins,center lens,attach first plastic layer and see if is OK.
                            If not try to re adjust lens.When result is OK light with provided UV led that lens for few (or more) seconds.

Comment

Hi thanks for all your comments i have the uv pen and will try that but i believe that its a spacing issue with the thickness of tape im using,can people tell me what tape they use to fix the led strips back on to the tv please and where they buy it from?,many thanks.

Comment

I use thermal double sided tape from Aliexpress. 10mm or 12mm, comes in blue rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                                  I use thermal double sided tape from Aliexpress. 10mm or 12mm, comes in blue rolls.
                                  Thanks diif ive just ordered some of this its a good price from aliexpress
                                  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10mm...ceBeautifyAB=0

Comment

Some LG LED TVs use 6V LEDs. If you replace the originals wit the common 3V LEDs you will get the hot spots issue.

Comment

Thanks andrew i def used the right voltage leds to replace the faulty ones in my tv,i too have ordered the thermal tape suggested,i was wondering whether anybody else has tried using the vestel type of diffusers instead as i dont seem to have this problem with the vestel tvs when i fix them i dont get any bright spots..
                                      The bright spots i have are on all the leds that i have glued the difusers back on and not just the ones i replaced.Thanks for your input though Andrew,all useful information.

Comment

So has anybody used the vestel diffusers instead of the lg ones which seem to be hard to get in to the right position?

Comment

Working...
                                        X