Samsung un50h6203 sound-backlights-no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung un50h6203 sound-backlights-no picture

My friend said he left tv on and went out afew minutes and came back in and sound was there but no picture but could see a slight glow around edge of screen. Remote and all voltages are ok as for as i can tell. Back lights are on. I suspected t-con so i replaced it and no luck. All voltages from ps are ok. T-con volt. Ok backlight volt. Ok. At this point i suspect the display panel bad how can i check it out and tell for sure. Do they short out and shut down picture? I also changed main and ps panels out of a working set. No luck. I'm at loose ends right now so if you have any ideas i would appreciate them--sam

Re: Samsung un50h6203 sound-backlights-no picture

Remove and replace ribbon cables to t-con one at a time and what do you get?
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Prob got defective tcon. Did you check if you have 12 volt on both sides of fuse on t on?
      Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

anybody can help me my samsung LCDTV 32inch encountered double image..
        Last edited by amirabueno; 05-31-2017, 12:11 AM.

Comment

anybody can help me how to resolve my LCDTV samsung double image display..

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
            Prob got defective tcon. Did you check if you have 12 volt on both sides of fuse on t on?
            Yes that is the first voltage I always check. changed it also. I did notice two small led lights on t-con on all the time which I think is not normal and might be an indicator of bad display panel. Has anyone had this trouble before?

Comment

Originally posted by amirabueno View Post
              anybody can help me how to resolve my LCDTV samsung double image display..
              Create a new post. Put in the model # in the title.
              Post a picture of the back of the tv showing all the boards.
              Post a picture of the problem.

Comment

So did you try disconnecting ribbon cables to panel one at a time?

Comment

quote=dskall;749106]So did you try disconnecting ribbon cables to panel one at a time?[/QUOTE]

yes I did with no results on front of display but voltage from out of t-con to display changed from no voltage connected to voltage present when disconnected. I think this tells me I have a bad display panel. Just my luck. Its acts like I have a shorted panel. Any more thoughts or should I just scrap it?

Comment

I would look for short on panel pcb. Been numerous bad ceramic caps on those

Comment

My sister yesterday gave me her Samsung UN50H6201AF TV with the no-picture problem. After a bunch of reading here, I took it apart, and discovered that un-plugging one of the ribbon cables between the TCON bpard and the panel boards brought the other half of the screen alive and that side all white. I decided to try the scotch tape "solution". I removed the ribbon cable from the panel board, and put tape over half the connections of the ribbon, plugged the ribbon back into the panel board and powered up. This gave the same effect as having the cable unplugged did. So I removed the tape, cut it to 1/2 the width it had been, applied it to the ribbon over the "outside" end 1/4 of the ribbon connections and tried again. That gave me the whole screen working. I continued removing tape and testing, until it still worked with just pins 2 and 3 from that outside end were covered, and it still worked. At that point I put it back together again and tested it again and did a full setup. Everything seems to be good now.

Several hours of research, dis-assembly, fiddling, testing, and re-assembly seem to have been well worth the trouble. Thank you badcaps.net for this fine forum.

Bob

Comment

Glad you got there. Reading up on the problem did it for you.
                        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I've fixed many of these Sammys with the tape method. There is a short cap on the panel board. Taping overides it

Comment

Working...
                          X