Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips 42pfl3606h/12 LCD tv - No display - no green led when coming out of standby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 42pfl3606h/12 LCD tv - No display - no green led when coming out of standby

I have a Philips 42pfl3606h/12 LCD TV.

In standby mode it has the usual red led. When I try and turn on the tv the red led goes out and no green led to say tv is on. No display at all. No backlight and when I shine a light up against the sceen there is no picture at all. When switched on it is accepting input from the remote control as each press lights up the correct led on the tv. twice when I have had it "on" and pressing the menu button doing a test it made a strange noise like a flash and there was a blue glow from the back, but it rarely happens.

I opened up and took out the power/inverter board (I think this model has power and inverter all on one board). I checked it for any bulged or blown caps,burn marks, bad traces etc nothing visually bad, that I can see. I'll check the mainboard tomorrow. Im trying to narrow the issue down to one of the 2 boards, really not sure where the problem lies.

I found the service manual (Chassis - TPM6.1E LA).
    Heres a pic of the 2x boards from the manual

The red led and accepting remote control input shows it is getting some power, but possibly not enough to start the backllight and image processor hence no green led when it is "on". However it could be the mainboard not producing an image so the backlights done switch on? Also the blue flash I saw, not sure what caused it. I havent figured out how to test the sound on it also, as I cant see the screen to change to a hdmi channel, also not sure if it will accept audio input without a picture (i dont use audio through hdmi, only devices I use are pc and laptop with a tv), the tv has inputs for audio, il have to try that tomorrow along with some remote control trial and error to find the hdmi channels.

Any help greatly appriciated.
    Last edited by gline; 05-01-2014, 08:55 PM.

Re: Philips 42pfl3606h/12 LCD tv - No display - no green led when coming out of stand

Just so anyone with the same issue is looking for a fix. I replaced the SSB and it fixed the problem, couldnt narrow it down to a specific component on the board.

Comment

Re: Philips 42pfl3606h/12 LCD tv - No display - no green led when coming out of stand

Do you have 24V on power board?.
      Replace PFC ic.

Comment

I had the same problem with Crypton 42"

Comment

Hi guys. Newbie here. I have a PFL 3606H tv that stopped working (first both HDMI ports died and then the tv started turnig off until the day it died completely. I gave it to a local repair shop that said the SSB needs to bereplaced and they as for 200$ to do it, which sounds terribly expensive.

Comment

I wanted to ask if you know which models use the same chassis (CHASSIS TPM6.1E ) so I could search in ebay for compatible SSB

Comment

Originally posted by axlastro View Post
              Hi guys. Newbie here. I have a PFL 3606H tv that stopped working (first both HDMI ports died and then the tv started turnig off until the day it died completely. I gave it to a local repair shop that said the SSB needs to bereplaced and they as for 200$ to do it, which sounds terribly expensive.
              200$ is a bit expensive, i got an ssb for about €60-€80 afaik the 3606 and came in 42 and 32 inch models.

Comment

Hi... i have a 42pfl3606h/58 tv and last year it died... i changed the ssd and the power suply and it will not show anything... i mean i have no image... when i use the remote the red led is flashing as like the tv is working but i do not have image... tried flashing firmware and i messured everything...
                Does anyone know what it could be...can it be the tv display...the lamp? How can i test if that is the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by ulesculucian View Post
                  Hi... i have a 42pfl3606h/58 tv and last year it died... i changed the ssd and the power suply and it will not show anything... i mean i have no image... when i use the remote the red led is flashing as like the tv is working but i do not have image... tried flashing firmware and i messured everything...
                  Does anyone know what it could be...can it be the tv display...the lamp? How can i test if that is the problem?
                  do you get sound? when you first turn the tv on in a dark room does the screen flash may only be a second or so

Comment

I haven't tried the sound...but there is no flash and no image...

Comment

Working...
                    X