Help identifying two capacitors, one Matushita & one K.K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying two capacitors, one Matushita & one K.K

Hi, I have two different models of capacitors below in separate pictures.
    I'd like to have a general idea what their ESR & ripple current ratings are so I know what to replace them with.

The first is this Matushita / Panasonic capacitor.
    It's rated 10uF 50v and 85°C
    Then there is some red text with the markings:
    Code:
    ONII
     FE
    But no model number marking???
    It's dimensions are: 6 x 6mm

The second is this capacitor, it has a logo with the text: K.K
    It's rated 220uF 16v and 105°C
    It's dimensions are: 6x12
    No other markings, it sits on a Advantech PCM-5862 single board computer with a Socket 7 housing a Pentium 100Mhz CPU.
    I want to replace them because there are 4x around the CPU VRM heatsinks which must have become really well baked.
    Because the fan is broken and it along with the PCB is discolored on the backside, system does BSOD under heavy load...

Attached Files
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Re: Help identifying two capacitors, one Matushita & one K.K

The red code is just batch number, manufacturing date etc ... you're just unlucky that the foil didn't catch the series of that capacitor.
    Being 50v rated and 85c, it's unlikely it was in a position where esr and ripple current were critical so I would say a Panasonic FC or Nichicon PW would be fine.

The KK one.. no idea, probably some Chinese brand.. considering when that motherboard was made, it would also have average esr and ripple currents. Panasonic FC would probably be suitable for this as well.
    Those heatsinks right near the capacitors worry me a bit though. It may be worth experimenting with some Panasonic FR capacitors that have something like 6k-10k hours of lifetime but the esr may be too low.

Comment

I think this is the Panasonic cap:
      http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-...EA1HKS100+7+WW

Comment

Thanks for the advice mariushm, I was already looking at Rubycon ZLH because of it's long lifetime and the fact that my local supplier has them in stock, will go that route and test for stability of course.
        Can't be worse than what's in there right now anyway

lti: Thanks, that looks promising!
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

I created a new thread for the as of now fixed mainboard, I felt it deserved it
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=441225

Comment

for the 85' one, i'd use rubycon YXA - those are standard esr 105'

is that a k6-2 cpu? that's a *very* small sink & fan.

Comment

It's a Pentium 100Mhz.
              Yea HSF is very small but board is very small and installed in a rackmount chassis so there is no room for anything larger anyway really...

I think having an actual spinning fan will make all the difference though
              EDIT: Here is a shot of how it looks assembled, then of course slid into a rack after that...

Attached Files
              Last edited by Per Hansson; 04-24-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X