Intel D865PESO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel D865PESO

I heard some users' Intel mobo crap with Nichicon 820uF 6.3v, and don't know how to got replacement. I got a Intel D865PESO last week, and some of Fujitsu polymers(yellow caps) on CPU VRM(output).
    Attached Files
    My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Re: Intel D865PESO

Now, recapped with Samxon GC 1500uF 6.3 D8mm at all, rock stable.

Of course also can recap with others brand Ultra Low ESR caps, such as Rubycon MBZ/MCZ and UCC KZG/KZJ etc..
    Attached Files

Comment

I've seen a stock board that has Rubycon MCZ at the VRM output and Nichicon HD for a few larger caps, including VRM inputs. The caps must have been upgraded mid-production.

Comment

on a related subject, i have a D875PBZ with some 6.3v 820uf which have gone poof.. is it ok to replace them with 1500uf like the OP?

Comment

Yes, but there are only a limited number of series that offer 1500/6.3 in 8 mm - including Samxon, Panasonic FK/MCZ, and Chemi-con KZG. You may have better luck with 1200/6.3, where Chemi-con LXZ is widely available, but does not have as low an ESR as the MCZ or KZG.

Comment

There are also 8mm Sanyo 1500uF/6.3V (seen them on some boards) and also OST (but you don't want them) and even GSC (seen them in trashcan after recapping )

Comment

Great, thanks for the advice guys I've never come across a motherboard with odd caps like this.. (Abit SA6R victim twice, Gigabyte 8IEXP.. but they were easy!)

Comment

Originally posted by jabadoo
                on a related subject, i have a D875PBZ with some 6.3v 820uf which have gone poof.. is it ok to replace them with 1500uf like the OP?
                Oh No! I thought that the D875PBZ was a board with good caps. I have three of them. I bought them to replace my VIA P4PB boards that have bad caps.

Paul

Comment

i'd venture out to say that intel had some in the beginning that used these dodgy capacitors.

I'm not sure what revision the board is.. i know it was first built into a system halfway through 2003.

Comment

I have one Intel D875PBZ that's been on since I built it, maybe 1 1/2 years ago. The caps look good on that one, and the other, that has been running for less than a year looks good too.

Paul

Comment

should be golden then

Comment

I have my sister in laws Dell here with a similar board, except the AGP slot and 2 dimm slots are gone(cheap bastards!). There are all polymers on o/p, sleeved Nichicon HD on vrm i/p, and from what I can see, the rest of the board is filled with a bunch of Nichicon VR/VZ! When did mobo mfrs start using non low esr caps on motherboards?

Comment

My guess is around the same time they started taking the AGP slot off of AGP motherboards...

They cheap out however they can, as we've seen.
                          You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.
                          Why I don't buy cheap cases!

Comment

Must have spent too much on those 4 extra polymers around the cpu!

Comment

Intel has been using Nichicon VR/VZ for the non-VRM bypass caps on their mobos for a long time now - perhaps since 2002/03. They could have used Rubycon YXGs instead at minimal extra cost, and achieved higher reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacedye69
                                Must have spent too much on those 4 extra polymers around the cpu!
                                Because I don't trust reliability for these 5 Fujitsu polymers (yellow only), so i recapped at once.

Comment

Working...
                                X