Samsung LA32R81BDX/XSA - Scrambled video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LA32R81BDX/XSA - Scrambled video

About 9 months ago I had the lcd panel replaced under extended warranty. It was working perfectly until a week ago. Apart from the video, everything else is working. I can change input sources, and the sound works just fine. This is what the screen looks like. The colours on the screen change and roughly match the image I see on another tv tuned to the same channel.

The power supply caps look ok. I've tried re-seating all the cables on the main board and t-con board, as well as re-soldering the lvds socket on the main board. From what I've read in this forum, my best guess is that I have a faulty t-con board. Before I order one on ebay, I wanted to double-check my diagnosis with the more knowledgable among you. What do you think?

Thanks,
    Simon
    Last edited by fogger; 02-06-2013, 07:15 AM. Reason: higher resolution image

Re: Samsung LA32R81BDX/XSA - Scrambled video

It looks like a t-con board problem. I'm assuming you've tried using the menus/volume control etc and they are scrambled too?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Re: Samsung LA32R81BDX/XSA - Scrambled video

Yes, the menus are scrambled too. A scrambled patch of blue appears whenever I change the volume. I'll order the t-con board tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Working...
      X